Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze 4k night flight

Reaction score
Had a quick go at flying in the dark tonight as I added lights to the legs . The drone could be seen clear as mud in the sky . Only problem I had was WiFi and then GPS dropped out .. it then just fell to the ground well on top of a bush ..and I had to put my climbing gear on to get it no damage to drone just my pride.

Not sure if it was the lights or just the date Friday the 13th ......will give it another go later .

20180713_023001.jpeg

When WiFi is lost, the Breeze should hover in its current position for about 30 seconds. Then if connection is not regained it should do an RTH and return to the takeoff point and hover for 30 seconds. Then if connection is not re-established it will auto land.

Once WiFi is lost there is no way to know if GPS is still valid or not since there is no telemetry back to the Breeze Cam app. If GPS was on when you initiated the Task mode, it should still be on for the Breeze.

Reactions: Brianlam
Hiya guys ...I use a Samsung note 3 phone . It hovered when it lost connection and started to do the Rth but then stopped and it then started to move to side to side about 3ft. Then Itrise up to about 50ft and stayed there for a long time then slowly it kept dropping down as the battery must of been getting low ...then as it got to about 20ft just dropped into the hedge .

Now my works WiFi drops all the time and phone signal not the best and it's the first time I taken it out fly here normal I go to a park just behind work and fly .

So it could of been this not sure

Hey Brian nicely done! What distance did it lose connection and GPS? You fly with what phone?
I didn't go to high as I am so close to a busy main road . Around 30 to 40 ft just to catch the marine lights .

Had a think about this I am no pro ...

Two things I did different from all my other flying .

One I switch between apps to bring up camera on the phone to take photos .

The other one is maybe it can't see the ground at night I had to hold it off the ground about 2ft before all the setting went blue. So when up in the air .it got confused?

I am going to try tonight again a
At work ..but do a full reset on boot for WiFi etc . If goes again I try another spot when off

Last edited:
Just to point out ..before it said
I not trying to get the drone to fly like a pro drone with a the bells and glitter.

I am just seeing what it can do and not do with out killing it . One is hoping it not just a dawn to dust drone .

Don’t worry about the IRS and Flow sensors if they are yellow while on the ground, that is normal. As long as they are not red you will be able to takeoff.

It’s not a good idea to leave the Breeze Cam app while flying. It will act as if you get a phone call, by hovering in place until you return to Breeze Cam. In that situation the Breeze is prone to dropping WiFi, especially on Android based devices (Android always seeks an internet connection), so reconnection is problematic.

A good practice with Android devices is to place it into airplane mode before flying the Breeze. You can still connect via WiFi, but android does not seek an internet connection in that mode. That may help resolve WiFi drops.

Don’t worry about the IRS and Flow sensors if they are yellow while on the ground, that is normal. As long as they are not red you will be able to takeoff.

It’s not a good idea to leave the Breeze Cam app while flying. It will act as if you get a phone call, by hovering in place until you return to Breeze Cam. In that situation the Breeze is prone to dropping WiFi, especially on Android based devices (Android always seeks an internet connection), so reconnection is problematic.

A good practice with Android devices is to place it into airplane mode before flying the Breeze. You can still connect via WiFi, but android does not seek an internet connection in that mode. That may help resolve WiFi drops.
Many thanks bud ... so it could have been my fault ...which is good to know I will test to night again with out changing apps etc ...I keep you posted

Cool little video that, shame the flight did not go perfectly as planned,, its a good thing it landed in the Bush though, better the Bush then the ground.. I look forward to seeing another night time video, and I want yo make one myself now. :)

@DoomMeister good tip on the airplane mode and not shutting down the breeze app during flight I tend to exit mine too some times, although my phone does not shut the app down it just opens another tap, so I can just swap back and forth but I'll try and stop doing that too. :)

Happy rc-ing all.
ATB Marc

What will would be good is to also have a play with the photo setting to see what they come out like... I did another video and also doing one tonight ... but thanks for the reply

iOS doesn’t shut the app down either, it places it in the background. But when Breeze Cam is not the foreground app it suspends control input and has a tendency to drop WiFi connection, especially if the Breeze is at a considerable distance away.

I also shut down all apps except iOS Settings to do WiFi connection and Breeze Cam to reduce the chance of background apps stealing processor cycles.

Reactions: Marc.RCAddict
Yeah I'm the same mate, I have only had my breeze about two weeks so I'm still learning it's features and what are the best vusro and camera setting to use for the best situations..

Here's a nice picture for you..

1530715197935.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more of your videos mate, I'll subscribe to you now as well.. :)

ATB Marc

What will would be good is to also have a play with the photo setting to see what they come out like... I did another video and also doing one tonight ... but thanks for the reply

Place the camera setting to Night mode, then adjust the exposure to -1.0 to -1.5 to capture lights without a lot of flare. That has worked for me.

Reactions: Marc.RCAddict
Hello Drone Advice DONERS from Pelham Al.,

My statement: My daughter and I have been wanting to fly our breeze drone. But, after reading these prior articles about night flying is this safe to do after dark when the sensors are reading back on the app.. not, but orange is this too worry of ??? Thanks YUNEEC BREEZE DRONE ADVICE DONERS ..
And, what are the leggings lights called on “GOOGLE SEARCH” to find pairable LED lights for breeze
Thanks

Hi turtle313 the breeze 4k a good little drone for it price in my eyes it's underrated at times .

Yes it's very good for daytime flying and it's probably one of the best to learn to fly before upgrading to the next step.

I personally think flying at night can be done is just about finding your preferences for filming.

The led lights are from eBay they are called disco fingers lights . I just glued the to the legs . And ordered 4 more legs to switch over as required.

They work very well can see it in the dark .

Now for me I am just pushing my boundary to see what it can do but that's just me to be honest for what it can do I am very impressed.

Yes some problems with it but with all the good advice from this site the members have certainly help me and now they are just hiccups and also it help me learn it's not just plug and go at times

The only thing that bug me is the advertising about the drone . It's don't do all what it says on the box . Twitter and Facebook don't work no icons can only upload to my YouTube.
I hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig