Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C-GoET

Reaction score
I have a problem with the thermal camera, when I turn on the Typhoon H drone, it only makes a sound and the gimbal does not respond. It should be noted that the image is processed, the image is ok!!!!

Do you have a solution or do I need to buy another camera?

I compare the video of what it does

Thank you

I have a problem with the thermal camera, when I turn on the Typhoon H drone, it only makes a sound and the gimbal does not respond.
The sound you hear is the error code for the roll encoder. If there has been no crash, the most common cause is a degraded encoder magnet. The CGo3+ gimbal is mechanically the same as the CGOeT gimbal. You can follow this document to check the magnet:

Thank you very much for the contribution, I already opened it and there is no longer a magnet.

Is this part sold as a spare part?

What do you recommend I change?

IMG_8073.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: DoomMeister
Is this part sold as a spare part?
What do you recommend I change?

The magnets are sold as part of the motors and are generally salvaged from damaged motors. You could contact John Mitchell @Yuneec Skins to see if he has any damaged motors from which he could pull a magnet or any used motors with a good magnet attached. I don't have precision measurements for the magnets. The magnet on the pitch motor is the same magnet and can be measured if you have a way.
It will often require calibration or at least some tedious movement of the new magnet to get a workable camera. @cabinfourus recently did some work with magnet replacement and may be able to provide some guidance.

If you can find a magnet, I would change only the magnet. Worse case, you may want to change the entire motor. There is no real advantage to changing the entire motor if your motor is not damaged.
Be sure to clean up all the crumbled remains of the magnet from the motor and encoder surfaces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy