Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cables, chargers, and battery question/advice

Reaction score
Let me get the easiest one out of the way first. If I purchase this charger, I still need to purchase leads that are specifically for the H, correct? HOBBYMATE Duo Lipo Charger Dual Charge Port, Fast Lipo Charger

What prompted me to take the plunge into an aftermarket charger, my original battery that came with the H, has swollen, and from what I've read, its usefulness is over. Which brings me to another question, proper disposal of faulty battery. Once a month we have electronics disposal here, but, I'm not sure that would be the best.

Sorry, Google could've been my friend. Of all the maladies that come with age, being oblivious to the obvious at times, has to be #1. Thank you btw.

Reactions: Steve Carr
BTW, so far so good on the new charger and adapter cables. Can't speak to their longevity, but, I really like this charger, and the cables are top notch.

BTW, so far so good on the new charger and adapter cables. Can't speak to their longevity, but, I really like this charger, and the cables are top notch.

I just got my charger. Are there any special settings to set or use on the Hobbymate to charge the H480 and Q500 batteries?

Without having specifics, and a charger of the same type myself, most chargers use similar settings. You need to establish the battery cell count for what you intend to charge, verify that count every time before starting the charge cycle, the charge rate, which is typically 1C. For clarification 1C is equal to the amp/milliamp rating of the battery. if you have a 4000mA (4A) battery a 1C charge rate would be 4A. 2C would be 8A, etc. You may want to check the safety cut off levels for time and milliamp input. Typical cut off times are ~120 minutes but can be set longer for large capacity batteries. The milliamp safety cut off has to be at least equal to the capacity of the battery being charged else you may wind up with an incomplete charge and a charger message of "battery capacity exceeded" or a time out message.

Go with the Venom. It will charge pretty much anything you are likely to be dealing with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex