Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibrating ..... Or not as the case may be.

Reaction score
I have been somewhat frustrated by the Yuneec arbitrary automatic NFZ’s
I have an active light aircraft field a little over 5 mikes from me, which is okay even though it encompasses some beautiful river and lake scenery
In addition there is another showing on B4Ufly within 3.5 miles.
This is simply a farm with a grass landing strip who possess two aircraft which they used to fly from time to time but the estate is under new ownership. Don’t think the field is active now.
Anyway! I digress.
I travelled outside the “zones” and obtained permission from a golf club to use their property to fly any time I want.
I was almost ecstatic, but not for long.
Placed the Q500 4K, ensuring it was facing north, and fired up the ST10+ and waited until it had booted up.
Switched on the copter, selected the model, then settings and bind, waited for it all to initialize, camera came up on the ST10+ , nice display.
“Welcome pilot”
Went to the settings and selected “calibrate” at least I tried to and nothing?????
Going back to the home screen I did notice though the ST10+ showed 12 sats in the top right everything else showed N/A????
Help please!

Reactions: Jack1926
Woohoo!

It took me a while for the penny to drop but ......

It seems that the Q500 wasn't binding.

The camera would show on the bind screen but though the home screen showed I was working with the model created it wasn't "bound" and the ST10+ wasn't showing as present.

I found the solution to this on Yuneec-forum.com

With a link to www.yuneec.com/faq it advised the following :-

The ST10 Smart Transmitter Doesn’t Link/Connect with the Aircraft
  1. Power on your Q500 Aircraft.
  2. After 4 seconds immediately tilt the airframe forward and then back to level 2 times until you see a flashing yellow light on the underside.
  3. On the ST10 Smart Transmitter select Model Select and then delete any old models by holding down and selecting delete. Create a new model and Name it “Q500” then select Quad X as the type. Select “Save” and back out to the main screen.
  4. On the ST10 Smart Transmitter select Flight Settings and Okay on the screen.
  5. Then select Bind. The Q500 should show up in the Model selection.
  6. Select the correct model and a message “Connection Established” will display on screen.
  7. Now tap the back arrow 2 times and your Q500 Aircraft should be connected to your ST10 Smart Transmitter.
  8. If this fails, please contact Yuneec or a Yuneec Authorized Service Provider for further assistance or repair.
I tried it indoors and it worked.

Need to take a trip outside the NFZ to try completing tbe calibrations.

Again ...... Woohoo!

I

Reactions: Cort01
Yuneec firmware NFZ are Major International and National airports ,and DOD bases. Regional airports, helipads, stadiums, and farmer dirt runways are not in there.

Yuneec has their own list, that they do not publish, but a couple people have managed to get a copy and they are floating around out there. They do not go by the BeforeYouFly list or use any app like DJI.

Your bigger issue is weather local ordinance allows operation of RC aircraft in a given area. If you got permission from the golf course, then you should be good to go.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Thanks Sticks.

It was me suffering from cerebral flatulence!

The contoller hadn't found the Q500.

I found the solution (tipping the Q500 forward twice until the yellow light shows) so I was able to run the calibrations and now I can fly.

Woohoo!

I can fly!

As far as I can determine TN has nothing legislated apart from not harrassing hunters.

Of course local cities or counties just may have though mine, locally, don't.

YET, anyway.

So wish I could get my hands on a copy of that list before I finalise where we are going on vacation lol

Thanks again Sticks.

Last edited:
I have been somewhat frustrated by the Yuneec arbitrary automatic NFZ’s
I have an active light aircraft field a little over 5 mikes from me, which is okay even though it encompasses some beautiful river and lake scenery
In addition there is another showing on B4Ufly within 3.5 miles.
This is simply a farm with a grass landing strip who possess two aircraft which they used to fly from time to time but the estate is under new ownership. Don’t think the field is active now.
Anyway! I digress.
I travelled outside the “zones” and obtained permission from a golf club to use their property to fly any time I want.
I was almost ecstatic, but not for long.
Placed the Q500 4K, ensuring it was facing north, and fired up the ST10+ and waited until it had booted up.
Switched on the copter, selected the model, then settings and bind, waited for it all to initialize, camera came up on the ST10+ , nice display.
“Welcome pilot”
Went to the settings and selected “calibrate” at least I tried to and nothing?????
Going back to the home screen I did notice though the ST10+ showed 12 sats in the top right everything else showed N/A????
Help please!
Ditto!!!!!!:/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval