Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

calibration compass

Reaction score
Hello I recently purchased an H Pro and cannot calibrate the compass. Please help!

My Calibration will fail during flight and make it really hard to land with out flipping over. I then do the calibration again and start flying. Works great and about 10 - 13 minutes into the flight it starts to get unstable and then says calibration needed. GPS lost. Trying to land and then flip over. Why is this happening to me? I have March 2017 firmware and have had this issue on the last 6 flights.

I am doing just as the directions, in the video. I just finished a new flight and got the warning like i stated before and started to land it. I decided to take it back up in the air before crashing and then it started working again. I used the home feature and it came back and landed fine. I flew another round with a new battery, and when I got the warning I just kept it high in the air and waited. It landed great and did not flop over. I find it interesting.

Attachments

• YUN00218.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 25
Hello I recently purchased an H Pro and cannot calibrate the compass. Please help!
Could you be more specific. What is or is not happening? How are you doing the calibration?

My Calibration will fail during flight and make it really hard to land with out flipping over. I then do the calibration again and start flying. Works great and about 10 - 13 minutes into the flight it starts to get unstable and then says calibration needed. GPS lost. Trying to land and then flip over. Why is this happening to me? I have March 2017 firmware and have had this issue on the last 6 flights.
Did you do the calibration exactly as in the video?

Make certain you are in an open area with no metal pipes, fences, electric wires, concrete or buildings.
Once you turn on the H do not touch it until it is fully booted.
After you do any calibrations restart the H.
Let is sit in place with the motors off for several minutes to make certain it has sufficient GPS lock.

If you have done all these steps and still have a problem, post it here.

I am doing just as the directions, in the video. I just finished a new flight and got the warning like i stated before and started to land it. I decided to take it back up in the air before crashing and then it started working again. I used the home feature and it came back and landed fine. I flew another round with a new battery, and when I got the warning I just kept it high in the air and waited. It landed great and did not flop over. I find it interesting.
What warnings are you getting? Do you see the status light flashing orange?
Are you in an open area with no trees, buildings, over head wires? Have you flown in this area before with no problems?

What warnings are you getting? Do you see the status light flashing orange?
Are you in an open area with no trees, buildings, over head wires? Have you flown in this area before with no problems?

Don't forget about underground power lines!

Out in the (lake) country... no wires in site. Then I remembered the mains are buried along the dirt road driveway, right where I was attempted to calibrate. Not sure any ill effects, but something to keep in mind.

Jeff

Reactions: Steve Carr
Don't forget about underground power lines!
Out in the (lake) country... no wires in site. Then I remembered the mains are buried along the dirt road driveway, right where I was attempted to calibrate. Not sure any ill effects, but something to keep in mind. Jeff
Good point. I look for power pedestals, transformers and fire hydrants. All indicate something is buried in the area.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
@Clifton @pantson

Please respond to the requests for additional information. Post and run threads get deleted as spam. If you don't respond it indicates you don't have any interest in fixing a problem or perhaps it never happened.

Reactions: Niblett
I have the same so called problem. I sometimes get that warning while still on the ground. Just do all your calibrations and settings and take time!!! If he does that warning, its just a fail between the H and those satellites above caused by who knows why. Just stay calm and keep it on the ground or in the air. Then do the rest. I state. Every thing you do with the H. Just take your time!! It will save you lots of money.

I purchased my H Pro approx. a year and a half ago. I was having the same issues with GPS/Compass warnings, unstable flight and trying to flip over after landing. I sent it in to Yuneec to be checked. They replaced the GPS/compass module and upper accessory cover which I guess is the antenna. It has been flying perfect ever since. I just updated to the V3.04 firmware but haven't had a chance to fly yet. I think Yuneec had some issues with bad GPS/compass modules a while back. Check the manufacture date on your H. Just because you recently purchased it doesn't mean it's a newer model. It could have been sitting on the dealers shelf for a while. If you properly calibrated your compass and accelerometer and still have issues do what I did and send it in before you crash it or have a fly away. Yuneec told me that they do a 26 point test flight on all the drones after the repairs. I requested and they included a copy of the 26 point test flight check list that the inspector put my H though after it was repaired. It had the inspector's # on it who did the test flight and all the checks that were done and passed. I was very satisfied with Yuneec's C/S.

Reactions: pantson
Drone On - Thanks for the info on your experience with what sounds similar to mine. Also the info about the underground power could be causing me an issue. I will need to get some more flights under my belt to see what happens when I get the warning (calibration fail). I will get some flights in this week as the weather is changing for the better and let all of you know. IF the issue continues I will call Yuneec and see what is suggested. If the unit is failing due to parts I will send it in.
Thank again

@Clifton @pantson

Please respond to the requests for additional information. Post and run threads get deleted as spam. If you don't respond it indicates you don't have any interest in fixing a problem or perhaps it never happened.

Thanks for the directions, I am going to get some more flights in this week and see if I can replicate it and if so stay calm and keep it in the air. If it stabilizes I will then bring it in for a landing. If I can I will try to get a screen shot of the warning on the controller. Thanks for the help

Thanks for the directions, I am going to get some more flights in this week and see if I can replicate it and if so stay calm and keep it in the air. If it stabilizes I will then bring it in for a landing. If I can I will try to get a screen shot of the warning on the controller. Thanks for the help
Sounds like a good approach. You have to be really careful about picking a location to do calibrations and also to launch. Look around for clues that there may be something underground. Fire hydrants, transformers, power pedestals, Underground Pipe markers, concrete slabs; are things to tell you to move. Trees and buildings block GPS signals and buildings can reflect signals which can confuse the aircraft electronics. If you have trouble with tipping when landing be sure you are bringing the left stick straight back. It's easy to give it a little yaw when pulling back. If you are in an open area try RTH to see if it lands correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer