Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the camera won't connect with the controller? I just got a black screen. Done all the binding etc. Also maybe the connector thing is missing on the main body but has it on the Steady Grip. That also won't connect when on the Steady Grip. Got the connector on the steady grip but not on the drone, using the cable instead

Attachments

• PXL_20230624_081937393.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230624_081937393.MP.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230624_082005951.jpg
    PXL_20230624_082005951.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
I am assuming you have the CGO3 camera and are using the three wire pigtail cable to supply power and gimbal control.

Does the camera/gimbal power up and level with the horizon when connected to the SteadyGrip (or just drone and camera)?

With a SD card 16GB up to 128GB in the camera does it power up and get a steady green light on the Status LED above the camera lens

Yes, it levels up and the camera light is steady green when on the drone. I don't have the batteries for the steady grip

Does the Camera Tilt Slider cause the camera to move up and down?

When you pick up the drone and tilt it left/right forward/back does the camera gimbal keep the camera leveled? When you turn the drone left/right does the gimbal provide a dampened turn for the camera?

Power up with the camera attached to the aircraft and use the WiFi settings on your phone to search for an SSID labeled as CGO3_xxxxxx, where the x’s are the last 6 digits of the camera’s MAC address. Connect to it and use password 1234567890. If you use iOS download the CGO app and once connected to the phone’s WiFi you should be able to see video and control the camera functions.

If you use Android look on apk repositories like APKPure for the CGO3 app. There are several versions of the app and you may have to experiment to find one that works with your phone.

Lastly the issue may be in the ST10+ remote control. Are you sure the camera actually binds to the controller? @Steve Carr @WTFDproject or @h-elsner can provide better assistance here as I do not have the equipment to help troubleshoot that issue.

Last edited:
HI, yes the camera levels and adjusts when you move the drone.
the app doesn't work on newer phones so I bought an old iPhone 6 and installed the CG03 app but still now joy, wouldn't connect to the app on the steady grip

Does the camera power up when attached to the SteadyGrip?

This is sounding like the WiFi board in the camera may not be functioning. You can try resetting the camera. There are two recessed buttons near the SD card slot on the camera. Use a toothpick broke in half or a paperclip reformed into a U so both buttons can be pressed simultaneously. Press and hold both buttons in and then power up the camera and continue holding in the buttons for 10 seconds then release them. Have the camera level to avoid stressing the gimbal motors. It may take two people to accomplish this.

See if you get the SSID in the WiFi menu of the phone after the reset.

Does the camera WIFI ID (the CGO3_xxxxxx thing) show up on the controller binding screen and/or the iPhone WIFI settings page?

Please post a snapshot of your screen or tell us which of the following images is closest to what you are seeing:
ST10 or ST10+ Screen views.jpg

Last edited:
Does the camera power up when attached to the SteadyGrip?

This is sounding like the WiFi board in the camera may not be functioning. You can try resetting the camera. There are two recessed buttons near the SD card slot on the camera. Use a toothpick broke in half or a paperclip reformed into a U so both buttons can be pressed simultaneously. Press and hold both buttons in and then power up the camera and continue holding in the buttons for 10 seconds then release them. Have the camera level to avoid stressing the gimbal motors. It may take two people to accomplish this.

See if you get the SSID in the WiFi menu of the phone after the reset.
I will give that a try. Thanks. I didn't know about that

C is what I am getting

Thanks for letting us know about image "C". It would also be good to confirm if the camera WIFI ID (the CGO3_xxxxxx thing) shows up on the controller binding screen and/or the iPhone WIFI settings page.

Did anything happen between the last time the camera worked and the first time it did not? Things like crash/hard landing, long storage periods, repairs/modifications, firmware updates or anything else you can think of.

Thanks for letting us know about image "C". It would also be good to confirm if the camera WIFI ID (the CGO3_xxxxxx thing) shows up on the controller binding screen and/or the iPhone WIFI settings page.

Did anything happen between the last time the camera worked and the first time it did not? Things like crash/hard landing, long storage periods, repairs/modifications, firmware updates or anything else you can think of.
HI,
It hasn't worked since I bought it so cannot say when it last worked. The camera does show up on the binding and also on wi-fi. Obviously, the CG03 app doesn't work with new phones so I bought an iPhone 6S and the app works on that phone and the camera shows up on the wi-fi on that phone but still a black screen. The cam levels up and steady green light. I will update the ST10+ firmware later.

Do you have an ideas why it's showing a black/blank screes?

HI,
It hasn't worked since I bought it so cannot say when it last worked. The camera does show up on the binding and also on wi-fi. Obviously, the CG03 app doesn't work with new phones so I bought an iPhone 6S and the app works on that phone and the camera shows up on the wi-fi on that phone but still a black screen. The cam levels up and steady green light. I will update the ST10+ firmware later.

Do you have an ideas why it's showing a black/blank screes?
There are several possibilities, but the most common is a bad lens sensor board or a problem with the ribbon that goes between the sensor board and the camera mainboard. If there is any damage to the camera shell at the rear camera vents, the ribbon becomes a very high possibility.
It is generally not economically practical to buy individual parts in hopes of finding the right one. The most practical solutions might be:
1.) Check for corrosion at the internal ribbon connectors.
2.) Swap out the entire camera internals as one piece.
3,) Send to a repair shop.

Most CGo3 problems are gimbal issues. That works to your advantage in that you have a good chance of finding a damaged camera that is being sold due to a damaged gimbal. You may be able to find one at a reasonable price. The camera internals are not excessively difficult to swap out, and it does not require any solder work.

HI. I managed to source another Q500 with working camera and he's only selling cos he has other drones and the batteries on the Q are goosed.
This will mean I have 2 Q500s - has anyone tried fitting the GoPro gimbal and camera? Is it easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook