Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

Is this camera comparable to put on th typhoon h I already have? What does it cost?
No
The drone will be $1799
And $2199 for Realsense version.
Both come with C23 camera

Last edited:
Here is a quote I just received From China Manager.
".......
2. Features
The key different on function will be the data pilot and the SDK open source! They don’t come with the new Typhoon H plus and they are the key features for commercial usage!
Typhoon H plus will add on some consumer functions like follow me, etc!

Those 2 products are positioning to 2 different market segments! We believe we set the right price different amount the feature different! ......"

Now the issue will be if they assume that commercial people don't want/need "consumer functions" one would hope that the H520 gets all the features of the H Plus and the extra ones.

Reactions: arruntus
Seems like it’s a 520 painted dark gray with an E90 and dumbed down ST16 from a 520.

It will likely be a good bird but I don’t want to be the first one to own one. Maybe after a few firmware updates.
That's a good strategy. It will most likely come with glitches at first, like any of their other drones specifically the H480

I hope they won't drop the H480, and may this H+ be an avenue for further developments on the H480 and 520. :)

Most people I know are willing to spend $500-1000 max for a drone. Even $1000 turns most of that group off. The other type of flyers want cheap fun like the Breeze, say $200-400. Still others think $100 is too much. Apparently Yuneec has stopped support for the Breeze. If Yuneec drops the H480 or support for it, in my book that's a signal they are making a move out of the consumer arena. $2000 is way over the top for what most consumers are willing to pay just to take videos, IMO.

That's a good strategy. It will most likely come with glitches at first, like any of their other drones specifically the H480

I hope they won't drop the H480, and may this H+ be an avenue for further developments on the H480 and 520. :)

Figure the original H-480 is dead in the water. To provide any further improvements or accessories for it would directly undercut sales of the H Plus. They've pretty well established a product life cycle of roughly 12 months. The 520 was released late which made the H-480 look like it had a longer run. It didn't, the last firmware update was 6-8 months ago. Hopefully those with 520's are paying attention and mark their calendars.

Glider,

The way I figure it we may well be regulated out of the sky by the end of this year, three years from now at the outside, so the makers have to grab all they can while they can.

Looks very promising. $1800 for Real sense ain't bad. I was getting alerts yesterday from CES on my phone and I kept seeing that Power Has Been Restored. I just saw on CNN they lost power for 2 hours.

"The key different on function will be the data pilot and the SDK open source!"

Ouah! Ouah! Ouah!.
Find me someone who has already released something from the Yunnec SDK.
No one.
Find me someone who has released something from the DJI SDK.
Lots of World ... Litchi, Autopilot, PIX4D, Flight Plan etc, and so on.
I do not think anyone will develop an application from Yunnec's SDK.
It's a system that is too closed and too small and no one is going to waste time doing this.
Dji has thousands of devices that fly and apply to the entire range of their devices. Whereas here there is only one device in play.
I believe, friends, that this H520 camera, will stay a long time in its own juice.
Yunnec made a bad choice by taking out this device before HPlus.
Whoever wanted the cinematic activity with the H520 had to wait for the HPlus.
The career of H520 seems to me compromised to the detriment of the Hplus.
Although it served as a basis for Hplus giving it a coat of black varnish and a rabbit E90 for the occasion.

I'm sorry, Tuna, but I disagree. There are many fully accepted, unrestricted examples in which absolutely all of us once again exceed the limits. Voluntary or involuntarily.
The speed in a car depends on each country, maximum speed in motorway 120km/h (to give an example). We will limit all cars so that they cannot exceed 120km/h because there are many idiots who overstep the limits and put the lives of others in danger. This would be an example of the misuse of a car that is totally comparable to the misuse of a drone. The solution is not that, it is to educate, to teach why it is wrong, the risks involved etc. and not always to prohibit.

We always want to ban everything, what's next? not being able to go out on the street because you might fall down and break something? Do we break Internet neutrality? (I'm sorry, I already know that the latter is an example that is on the agenda and very controversial). The more prohibitions we have the more idiots come out from underneath the stones teaching us how they are smarter than anyone else and can break those prohibitions. To have the possibility and not to break the rules will always be in the hands of people with common sense if no one has to come to ban it. That's called freedom. That you don't comply? a punishment is imposed for breaking the rules of the society in which you live. The opposite is more like a dictatorship than anything else. I don't mean to be disrespectful, I'm just giving my opinion.
On the other hand, of course reading the manual is necessary. Anyone should do it with any product they buy. Then comes the crying of people who have broken the 500,1000,1800 or 3000€ drone in 30 seconds. It's your fault for not following the basic steps.

Any drone that is not in an area intended for model airplane flights must comply with the airspace regulations of each country. These areas also comply with regulations. Flying as a hobby doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. Just read what pilots of manned aircrafts say about drones........

There are many of us who fly professionally apart from doing it by hobby. In short, it's like accepting, if you do it for hobby I charge less and you have restrictions and if you do it professionally I charge more and you don't have restrictions........ that little I like that. It's a trap, we should all be against it.

P.D.: Once again I apologize for my bad English, I hope I haven't written any nonsense and that you understand what I mean.

Your English is fine! :)

The point is that Yuneec are not banning anything - they are just preventing unrestricted access to a feature. Your car example is flawed, because there are very few countries that would allow you to walk off the street and buy a car, then drive it around without having a license and insurance. You are 'banned' from driving if you haven't passed a test that checks you are at least basically capable of driving safely.

The problem with drones is that, unlike cars, we haven't yet established a common understanding of 'safely'. The national restrictions on drone flight are (on the whole) very intrusive because people haven't yet got a feel for the level of dangers a drone poses in normal use. If you invented the car now, it would have all sorts of speed and other restrictions because two tonnes of metal travelling at 120mph can do a lot of damage. It's taken us decades of living with cars for us to feel more comfortable with the risks they pose.

Reactions: Haydn
Most people I know are willing to spend $500-1000 max for a drone. Even $1000 turns most of that group off. The other type of flyers want cheap fun like the Breeze, say $200-400. Still others think $100 is too much. Apparently Yuneec has stopped support for the Breeze. If Yuneec drops the H480 or support for it, in my book that's a signal they are making a move out of the consumer arena. $2000 is way over the top for what most consumers are willing to pay just to take videos, IMO.

I think you may under underestimate the number of photographers and videographers who will be very interested in the TH+ because of the good camera and willing to pay that price. It has many features that likely place it above the DJI Phantom Pro and near the Inspire at a competitive price.

Reactions: Haydn
I think you may under underestimate the number of photographers and videographers who will be very interested in the TH+ because of the good camera and willing to pay that price. It has many features that likely place it above the DJI Phantom Pro and near the Inspire at a competitive price.
But on the other hand, I spent a lot of time this week with excel trying to make a profit with my H Pro, and I can't do it at reasonable prices, based on former experience. Yes- I can have a decent, self-sustaining hobby, but it's hardly a career. Then take the numbers up where I would like to be- inspections. A M200 with a selection of cameras is within my realm, but how in the heck do I get an ROI on that level of equipment? I think the REAL money in drones, is selling them.

Your English is fine! :)

The point is that Yuneec are not banning anything - they are just preventing unrestricted access to a feature. Your car example is flawed, because there are very few countries that would allow you to walk off the street and buy a car, then drive it around without having a license and insurance. You are 'banned' from driving if you haven't passed a test that checks you are at least basically capable of driving safely.

The problem with drones is that, unlike cars, we haven't yet established a common understanding of 'safely'. The national restrictions on drone flight are (on the whole) very intrusive because people haven't yet got a feel for the level of dangers a drone poses in normal use. If you invented the car now, it would have all sorts of speed and other restrictions because two tonnes of metal travelling at 120mph can do a lot of damage. It's taken us decades of living with cars for us to feel more comfortable with the risks they pose.

When you say they're not banning a feature you mean being able to fly anywhere? To the no-fly zones? Manned airplanes do not have any "physical" prohibitions or software that prevents them from flying in any type of space and yet they are much more dangerous in the event of an accident. I don't mean people who travel inside the plane but for those on the ground to equip it with a drone. They are piloted by flesh and blood people like us, the difference is that they travel inside the aircraft.

With regard to the driving licence, even here the difference of opinion is due to the different types of legislation that govern us in our countries. I comment on how it is in Spain so that you understand what I mean.
Until three years ago, the first law determining the regulations on the use of drones came out, it was totally forbidden to fly aeromodels (now known as drones) outside perfectly defined air spaces. The so-called model airplane clubs. With this law and because of the lower prices, everyone bought a drone and flew it where they wanted when it was totally forbidden to fly in urban areas, over concentrations of people or in controlled or prohibited airspace. Type A, B, etc. A perfect distinction is made between Hobby and professional flights. Anyone on whom you make a profit, whether monetary, advertising or of any kind, is considered a professional flight.

The driving license of a car also exists for drones, we have to take a course, take exams and obtain medical certificates that are exactly the same as for pilots of airplanes. The same without distinction, drug tests, heart tests and a lot of other things. So if you want to do a professional job you must have passed all these procedures and then make another 300 kilograms of paperwork to sign up for AESA. The problem came when a person who was not required to do these procedures could fly in almost more places than a professional.

With the new regulations that were approved last month, as Hobby can fly even in urban areas but as long as the drone does not exceed 250 grams. Studies have been done that say that a 250 gram drone falling from a height of 20 meters can kill a person. If you fly in town as a professional you have to ask for permission from AESA, you have to make very comprehensive security plans, you have to add safety measures to the drone such as a parachute or a net that prevents it from falling to the ground, you have to ask for permission from the local authorities, you have to inform the police and any of them can deny you permission. You can't fly more than 150m from you and don't get within 50 meters of obstacles unless you take other safety measures such as clearing the area of people. This is just the example of flying in an urban nucleus.

At least here we do have a well-defined definition of what "safety" is with respect to drones. The explanation is long, but to make my position clear. With the new law, the word that has been repeated by far and away, because of the controversy that it was going to create because of all the requirements that they asked for to be able to make a flight according to which area, was the word "security". The regulations have been adapted based on that and not, as you well say, to what happened with cars, which year after year are adding more safety systems in case of accident we can leave with the least possible injuries.

Unfortunately, I have little time and I haven't been able to tell you all the news brought by this new law that we have here so that you can compare it with the rules that you have in your countries. The trend is clear, more and more things will be restricted or asked for in order to fly professionally. All the countries are copying the rules among themselves, no wonder you have something similar tomorrow. If there is anyone interested in the topic there is a thread in which we have talked a little bit about this topic.

Drone safety conference + H520

Turning quickly to the subject of banned flying areas, it is not the law that prevents flying in those areas, it is the manufacturer who places the ban on you and makes an economic distinction if you want it not to be so. I am always in favour of safety, but not of this kind of prohibition, which does not seek safety but something else.

P.D.: I wrote too much, didn't I? Sorry, it's your fault Tuna. You told me my English is good :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight