Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

CGO3 Flashing Green

Discussion in 'Q500+ Help' started by Breki, Oct 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Breki

Hi there!

I've been having problems getting the steadygrip to work, the WiFi doesn't appear on my iPhone, but everything works fine when it's all connected to my drone instead. I had a crash back in the days which separated the three wires inside the gimble, but the rattail cable has worked well as a replacement for it until I take the time to solder it.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to get the steadygrip to work, so I decided to update the firmware on my CGO3. I took the memory card, formatted it and copied over the file cgo3_2.4.00_E_firmware.bin (I'm in Europe) to the root directory. Now, when I start up the CGO3 while connected to the drone and/or the steadygrip, the light just flashes green. It doesn't seem to start the firmware upgrade or anything, and now I can't even connect to the camera from my drone remote control.

Any thoughts?

2. Breki

I should probably point out that it's the light on the inside part of the gimbal that is flashing green, not the light on the front of the camera. If I change modes on the steadygrip, the light begins blinking slower (but still blinking green), so it appears to be doing _something_ at least. The firmware just isn't updating the way it should, the file just stays there on the memory card and I can't access my camera through WiFi on the phone or my drone remote.