Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Company name for drone AP business

Reaction score
Hi Guys, im thinking about launching a real estate Aerial Photography business in some time. And im starting to think about company name, logos etc... I opened this thread for anybody who might have a good idea for company name. Name should preferably not have the word aerial,sky,drone etc. because that is way to cliché. here is something i was thinking about: Eagleview/Eagleview Photography etc.(I still think stuff like a Eagleview is still a little cliché , but still you cant get too picky over this ;)

Thank You, Nobel Drones

When you are considering names, do lookups for the availability of a corresponding domain name... and when looking at domains, ignore the BS TLDs... info, biz, store, etc. Dot com is too ingrained in the internet mindset.

Reactions: AeriaL
Wait one Minute here. when did you become part of the staff? NICE! .
can you please explain a little further in you post? what is TLD info ,biz ... didn't understand your post sorry.

also can you please tell me of a good website (or anything for the matter) that offers a free part 107 test guide practice any thing that can teach about whats gonna be on the test what i need to know etc...

thanks

Wait one Minute here. when did you become part of the staff? NICE! .
can you please explain a little further in you post? what is TLD info ,biz ... didn't understand your post sorry.

TLDs are Top Level Domains... The TLD for this forum, (and the vast majority of websites) is .COM ... the letters that follow the dot in a website name. The original 5 TLDs were .com; .net; .org; .gov and .edu

The reason I suggest only concentrating on a .com website TLD, is because of the high percentage of existing sites that end in .com... such a high percentage, that you will be giving almost all of your potential traffic to your competitor, by choosing another TLD.

For example eagleview.com is not available... another company has it. You could in theory, pickup eagleview.site or eagleview.global right now... but I suggest it is of little value at all... >98% of your potential customers will type in eagleview into a google search or just type eagleview.com into the browser address bar, simply by rote... and be directed automatically to the .com version of that domain.

also can you please tell me of a good website (or anything for the matter) that offers a free part 107 test guide practice any thing that can teach about whats gonna be on the test what i need to know etc...

thanks

Your first place to go should be the FAA website:

FAA Part 107 Certification

From there, a google search for "online FAA Part 107 training" should yield productive results.

Good information EEV, and good to see you again Nobel Drones. Has Mr I reached out to you at all? He is another young member of the forum and was seeking out other young members, so I told him you were one.

Thank You EEV, that information was very useful and important i'll keep that in mind during website development

@Eagle's Eye Video is exactly right. When it comes to selecting a domain or business name; also keep in mind that simplicity is more important than trying to explain what you do in the title. Satisfied customers will do far more in promoting your business than a slick name ever will. Also keep in mind that while you are keen on doing aerial photography, if you are to succeed you will find that you will also need to be a good ground photographer as well and having other artistic and creative skills such as graphic design for titles, flyers and so forth will go a long way.

As to the 107 exam, I know lots of folks prefer to pay for a classroom type setting or a series of videos and so on but I choose to do it old school. Everything you need is on the FAA website and Youtube is a wealth of information if your willing to sort through the noise. I found that by trying to absorb it at my own pace allowed me to better understand the material and having never been a pilot, some of it was not as intuitive as one would think.

Defenitly. I was just checking up the price for the part 107 exam and it's 150$ Don't you think that that's a bit much?

Something to consider... with @Nobel Drones being under 18, can he legally enter into contracts, even if he has a Part 107?

Minimum age for obtaining the Part 107 certification is 16. Once he has that there is no federal restriction on him having a business. There may be local laws limiting a full time business at his age, but I see no difference between running a business to do realty photography/videography and someone his age running a lawn care business, snow removal business, or any other we used to do at that age to earn money.

The $150 plus $5 for every drone you fly under the 107 is actually a lot less than going for a pilot license for single engine fixed aircraft. While the knowledge tests are similar the 107 is a lot less than the other.

Study well and good luck on your test when you turn 16 ( if you haven’t already).

@Eagle's Eye Video is exactly right. When it comes to selecting a domain or business name; also keep in mind that simplicity is more important than trying to explain what you do in the title. Satisfied customers will do far more in promoting your business than a slick name ever will. Also keep in mind that while you are keen on doing aerial photography, if you are to succeed you will find that you will also need to be a good ground photographer as well and having other artistic and creative skills such as graphic design for titles, flyers and so forth will go a long way.

As to the 107 exam, I know lots of folks prefer to pay for a classroom type setting or a series of videos and so on but I choose to do it old school. Everything you need is on the FAA website and Youtube is a wealth of information if your willing to sort through the noise. I found that by trying to absorb it at my own pace allowed me to better understand the material and having never been a pilot, some of it was not as intuitive as one would think.

To build upon what Ty said - when choosing a domain name also consider what the domain itself might be worth in the long run - there was a time when no one owned simple domain names like Yahoo, Nest etc. A simple yet memorable domain name works best. Maybe your business is doing good but not raking it in, and your domain name becomes worth more.

My son is turning 16 and I hope that he will one day take over what I’ve started, but he is into surfing, silly girls, and wears annoying skinny jeans.

I applaud you @Nobel Drones. To echo on what @DoomMeister wrote; study hard, and may your first contact be in the field of construction.

Reactions: DoomMeister
If I were ever to open another branch of a drone based business i would make it an old aviation term - 'hawk circle' or 'ground pounder'. etc.

Real Estate Media that way you can engage on ground work as well as aerial video/photography and not just making the client engage you for aerial.
If real estate in US is anything like over here in the UK there is not a business model in just aerial or even real estate full stop.
They all have their own cameras and now drones most of which are operated without the qualified PfCO requirement

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Minimum age for obtaining the Part 107 certification is 16. Once he has that there is no federal restriction on him having a business. There may be local laws limiting a full time business at his age, but I see no difference between running a business to do realty photography/videography and someone his age running a lawn care business, snow removal business, or any other we used to do at that age to earn money.

One factor to consider is that lawn care or snow removal businesses do not usually include the need for insurance... you can have driver's license at 16, but in most cases, you cannot get your own insurance at 16... you have to be under your parent's policy.

One factor to consider is that lawn care or snow removal businesses do not usually include the need for insurance... you can have driver's license at 16, but in most cases, you cannot get your own insurance at 16... you have to be under your parent's policy.

All true, and an obstacle to overcome. Yet you can also get a private pilot license at 16 too and if your parent/s is/are not pilots, you cannot get insured under their policy. I have heard from several members that are 107 that there are insurance options for per flight or day as opposed to full time policies.

I would much rather see an ambitious teen try to earn money honestly, than some realtor without their 107 using a drone to advance their business/sales.

Putting the effort in to get your 107 cert shows an act of maturity and I support such an effort.

Reactions: Mr. I

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Telefoni