Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Construction site flown with UAV toolbox

Reaction score
I flew this site for the first time with Tunas UAV toolbox. It worked flawless. Looking to fly this ccc every week and then merge the videos to get one that overlays construction from start to finish.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Looks like a good use for the toolbox. I would consider modifying the flight path to avoid flying over the traffic lanes. Never know when something might go wrong.

Reactions: Ralphy
Looks like a good use for the toolbox. I would consider modifying the flight path to avoid flying over the traffic lanes. Never know when something might go wrong.

That's good advice, I'll double check but I'm pretty sure the original path is over the edge of the construction site. One thing I did notice is the yaw I programmed in the uav tool box is off compared to to the video. The entire video is 30 degrees to the left. It's noticeable in the end when it's looking down and you see the site skewed. Any idea in how to fix it so it flies more consistently with the camera angle set in the uav tool box.

The green "home" arrow on the control during flight appears to be off at the wring angle too.

I did all 3 calibration's compass, accelerometer and gimbal.20171124_074616.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I did notice is the yaw I programmed in the uav tool box is off compared to to the video. The entire video is 30 degrees to the left.
Hmmm....interesting. Need to ask @Tuna about that.
Regarding the flight path, keep in mind wind can carry the H if there is any kind of inflight failure. Liability issues just make me nervous.

Hmmm....interesting. Need to ask @Tuna about that.
Regarding the flight path, keep in mind wind can carry the H if there is any kind of inflight failure. Liability issues just make me nervous.

Yes Steve I understand the liability I have the part 107. Im always pretty safe and alert and havnt had an incident to date thankfully.

The app flies the H extremly precise, i think my biggest issue is the camera orientation relative to the flight path when the camera is pointing straight down.

Are there any othrrs out there flying a ccc path with a camera pointing straight down?

So quick update. It took several attempts at compass calibration after installing the latest firmware from Yuneec and the orientation issue has been solved. Thus is a quick little video to prove it. Flawless integration of the UAV toolbox and the latest Autopilot. Also no height restriction issues.

Hey Ralphy
what firmware did you install? The last one listed on Yuneec's site if from March. Din I miss something?

Hey Ralphy
what firmware did you install? The last one listed on Yuneec's site if from March. Din I miss something?
Yes that is correct the one from march. It has the v1.35 autopilot. I was still running v1.29.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder