Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CRASH! Newbie, help?!

Reaction score
How do,

I was having the time of my life on an empty carpark with my new Typhoon Q500 4k when suddenly the daunted question from your other half rings "can I have a go?", thinking of the future 3 months/summer and days I'd like to go out with it, if I didn't allow her the opportunity to have a go now, she'd have been murder to live with and persistently give me grief for it. Low and behold, she crashed it, severely. The right-hand landing skid had snapped in half, 2 propeller blades were broken, camera detached.

I've got it home and thankfully, the camera is working (now having to use the hard-wire to attach the camera to the body), three of the motors are running fine but the front right motor kind of jolts forward and backwards and a beeping sound occurs shortly after. I'm a complete novice and the only reason why I bought it was I'm an avid hobbyist photographer. Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks

How do,

I was having the time of my life on an empty carpark with my new Typhoon Q500 4k when suddenly the daunted question from your other half rings "can I have a go?", thinking of the future 3 months/summer and days I'd like to go out with it, if I didn't allow her the opportunity to have a go now, she'd have been murder to live with and persistently give me grief for it. Low and behold, she crashed it, severely. The right-hand landing skid had snapped in half, 2 propeller blades were broken, camera detached.

I've got it home and thankfully, the camera is working (now having to use the hard-wire to attach the camera to the body), three of the motors are running fine but the front right motor kind of jolts forward and backwards and a beeping sound occurs shortly after. I'm a complete novice and the only reason why I bought it was I'm an avid hobbyist photographer. Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks
What to do next....hmmm......is your wife good at soldering? :D

The first thing to do is connect the Q to the GUI. It will run a diagnostics and will show you any errors. You can test each motor individually. It's possible that motor and/or the ESC is fried. It's not a terrible job to repair if you or a friend is skilled at soldering.

Next buy the Yuneec simulator and let your wife crash with that. No repairs needed and it's fun as well as a great learning tool. Actually you will like it too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22