Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone won’t lift after repl all esc

Reaction score
can anyone help my drone just sounds like a rocket and won’t take off. After I replaced all esc and motors. Any ideas
I also recalibrated motors sure wind up real loud lol

Just a guess, but it sounds as if A props are on B motors and B props on A motors. If that isn’t the case, the motors may have been plugged into the wrong place on the ESC.

If you are applying throttle and the bird is staying put, it must be trying to push it into the ground.

Reactions: webbster
Just a guess, but it sounds as if A props are on B motors and B props on A motors. If that isn’t the case, the motors may have been plugged into the wrong place on the ESC.

If you are applying throttle and the bird is staying put, it must be trying to push it into the ground.
I shall try thanks

On esc red from motor is closest to red then blue then black. Think it’s correct. Which leads would I swap to reverse motors?

Not sure what the other person is referring to with these motors.

As an electrician we did that for rotation on a three phase AC motor.

Are the motor wires in a connector, or are they single wires going to the ESC board?

I am going to see if I can find any instructions on the web for the Q500 4K motors and ESC.

I found this thread, check it out and see if it helps. Motor A,B replacements

Last edited:
Not sure what the other person is referring to with these motors.

As an electrician we did that for rotation on a three phase AC motor.

Are the motor wires in a connector, or are they single wires going to the ESC board?

I am going to see if I can find any instructions on the web for the Q500 4K motors and ESC.

I found this thread, check it out and see if it helps. Motor A,B replacements

Thanks guys I wasn't to sure if A B Motors could reverse with polarity change so I decided to just swap motors to the correct positions..
I helps to make sure your looking at the body of the Drone correctly as it sits in the photo that you have taken prior to disassembly.. LOL
Then problems will not exist..

Thanks for your suggestions guys.. I got a lot of practice in placement OF SCREWS LOL

All back to norm...in the air again.. Thank god..!
Have blessed day.

Glad to hear you are airborn once more.

Happy Flying.

For what it's worth, A brushless motor is basically a miniaturized three phase AC motor. The ESC is the functional counterpart of a VFD or inverter as they say overseas. Yes swap any two leads and rotation direction reverses, just like a three phase AC motor. The brushless motors are a little cheaper, lighter and easier to work on though.

Webbster...........sorry I could not (due to video size) embed my video related to your previous experienced motor issue. It appears
you may have "erroneously" soldered wrong wire to wrong connection point on one of the ESC board. ALSO.....I would encourage
you to perform (immediately after any motor or esc replacement) using the Q500 GUI software to "re-assign" each motor
(I want to believe you already had done so back then at end of December) and go through re-calibration process, of course.

Wire coding is as follows RED wire to A......BLUE to B......Black to C........applicable to each board, ALL soldered the same.

Incidentally, you can "reverse" the black and red wires on (most any motor wires where the motor has only 2 wires coming from it,
those used on Drones anyway) to have the motor itself "spin/rotate" in reverse direction. Just place motor on any "bench vise" that
you could place anti-static material such as "rubber pads" onto the section of the vise that would "grip the motor", AND with the
wires hanging in original soldered position FIRST, (watch them rotate clockwise at first) then "de-solder them" and place them on
opposite posts to get them to rotate counter-clockwise. (follow me here?) To supply power to the motor wires themselves, I used
a HANGAR 9 12 volt AC battery charger. (Model HAN103)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneIndiaPestControl