Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Emergency landed my h on the beach

Reaction score
I flew off a 20 ft cliff to film surfers got the critical battery warning land emediately. I was just below the cliff line and couldnt gain any altitude and had to set down on the beach and it flipped. I cleaned the prop motors best I could, popped off the camera to blow a little sand off. I put it back on and calibrated the gimble but it only lasted a few seconds and went back to the previous screen. Seems to work fine but I thought the calibration last 2 minutes. any thoughts?

Last edited:
I really have not timed the gimbal cal, but it is definitely more than a few seconds, maybe a minute or more.

No point in telling you you should not have flown, you know that. What's done is done. All you can do is to take time, be patient, and clean more. Be careful not to blow compressed air too hard. Don't use Freon. There's no magic solution...You'll get it done, just hang in there.

I really have not timed the gimbal cal, but it is definitely more than a few seconds, maybe a minute or more.

No point in telling you you should not have flown, you know that. What's done is done. All you can do is to take time, be patient, and clean more. Be careful not to blow compressed air too hard. Don't use Freon. There's no magic solution...You'll get it done, just hang in there.

I haven't flown since this happened Rayray. I need to order a new landing gear strut, $10. I'm not sure if the calibration was short because I did it recently and didn't need it but on the table top camera plus pan and tilt functions work fine. I will check things thoroughly before I fly and test flight!

I haven't flown since this happened Rayray. I need to order a new landing gear strut, $10. I'm not sure if the calibration was short because I did it recently and didn't need it but on the table top camera plus pan and tilt functions work fine. I will check things thoroughly before I fly and test flight!
Once the calibration is started, it should complete the entire process. Try it again and see if it completes.

I find some good light, magnifier, can of air, careful disassembly and a soft brush, like a lens brush with the squeeze bulb are great for removing all those stubborn sand particles.

It sounds like you started flying on a discharged battery. Post your flight log.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Gimble calibration successful. one of the rubber grommets on the gimble mount had popped. I pulled it back through, remount ed the camera and the calibration ran it's whole course. Thanks

Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20