Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Faa Ban On Drones At National Landmarks

Yes, eventually they will be banned everywhere. My HOA banned them a couple of years ago. You are not allowed to fly them anywhere on the HOA property including your own property. If any real estate people want to photograph any properties in the HOA they have to get written permission from the HOA and they have to have insurance and the HOA has to be listed on the policy.
Please forgive my ignorance. What does HOA mean? I did a web search on it and it seems to point to 'Home Owners Association'. Is this correct?

Yes, Home Owners Association. That bane of many US homeowners for a wide range of issues not the least of which is that there are few restraints on what they can do.

After all a Hoa is made up of the home owners Goto to the meetings and voice your concern. Just as I'm sure someone did saying drones are bad and people are peeping in my windows with them.

Some HOAs are rather arbitrary and not everything is decided or even discussed in a meeting, if and when they have one. I once got a certified mail from them that I needed to remove a reflector at the end of my driveway. A one minute conversation with me would have sufficed. The "architecture committee" decided to act on their cwn. I live in an area zoned farmland so the HOA, while not bad, can sometimes seem petty. The HOA president lives across the street from me and we talk quite a bit. Not all HOAs are urban or suburban.

Hmmm. HOAs is something I'm not familiar of where I live. That is not to say that there isn't things similar to that described above elsewhere in England. Gated communities or exclusive housing developments?

If someone told me I have to remove a reflector from the end of my driveway (not that I have a reflector at the end of my driveway) I would tell them where to shove it in very short order...and sideways.

I own the land that my house is built on. I hold title so no-one can tell me what I can and can't do on my property. (Its actually a fruit & vegetable warehouse built in 1870 converted to domestic use)

Gated communities or exclusive housing developments?

Exclusive housing development, generally. Usually the way a HOA states in the states is a developer will buy a huge plot of land, divy it up, and build houses on all of the plots. These are sold with a contract that stipulates you're in the HOA and you have to sell to people who will also join the HOA. If you break contract they can generally foreclose on you. They've become popular as people are overly worried about neighbors doing something stupid with their house that'll destroy property value, which personally I've never seen happen (the worst I've dealt with is my apartment complex mandates solid white curtains are facing the outside in all windows and doors). Many times they'll pick good people to run them and nothing major happens. Also in return for paying dues to this HOA, you'll get access to a community pool, a community park, possibly landscaping, possibly snow plowing, etc. Then sometimes what happens is nobody wants to participate and the craziest of the crazy start leading it, and you get all sorts of good juicy internet gossip. These houses also generally fill out the American McMansion stereotype as the develop wants to maximize profits so the yards are tiny, the houses are overly huge and the quality is non-existant.

Sometimes what can also happen is neighbors group together and decide to form a HOA. Those are even better for juicy internet gossip as its a mix of who joins and who doesn't, and the HOA sort of looks like a half completed jigsaw puzzle and they then start trying to enforce HOA restrictios on people who never joined.

Exclusive housing development, generally. Usually the way a HOA states in the states is a developer will buy a huge plot of land, divy it up, and build houses on all of the plots. These are sold with a contract that stipulates you're in the HOA and you have to sell to people who will also join the HOA. If you break contract they can generally foreclose on you. They've become popular as people are overly worried about neighbors doing something stupid with their house that'll destroy property value, which personally I've never seen happen (the worst I've dealt with is my apartment complex mandates solid white curtains are facing the outside in all windows and doors). Many times they'll pick good people to run them and nothing major happens. Also in return for paying dues to this HOA, you'll get access to a community pool, a community park, possibly landscaping, possibly snow plowing, etc. Then sometimes what happens is nobody wants to participate and the craziest of the crazy start leading it, and you get all sorts of good juicy internet gossip. These houses also generally fill out the American McMansion stereotype as the develop wants to maximize profits so the yards are tiny, the houses are overly huge and the quality is non-existant.

Sometimes what can also happen is neighbors group together and decide to form a HOA. Those are even better for juicy internet gossip as its a mix of who joins and who doesn't, and the HOA sort of looks like a half completed jigsaw puzzle and they then start trying to enforce HOA restrictios on people who never joined.
Depending what state, county and city you reside in there are different bylaws for HOA. I am on the Architectural Committee of ours. State of Florida you cannot foreclose on a house for not obeying HOA rules and regs. You can impose fines / leans, when homeowner sells the house he has to pays those fines in order to release it for a clear title. But this is a Drone Form, now can the HOA restrict anyone from flying a drone in the community? Yes, if HOA is private property, but it has to be voted on.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20