Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fantastic high wind flight

Reaction score
Had a great flight today, from a mountain top. Winds gusting around 15mph - certainly enough to blast away the cobwebs.

The H was stunning. Simple as that. When it was sat on the ground it was being rocked around by the wind, yet once it was in the air it held position solidly without fail. No doubt it was working hard - batteries only lasted half as long - but it was such a joy to fly.

Now I need to edit the footage. It was a bit dark and cloudy, but hopefully it'll be possible to get a good sequence together,

I have encountered some high winds when cresting a hill from the sheltered side. I am constantly amazed how this aircraft manages to stay in the air when that happens and the quality of the video seems unaffected. As you point out, a low battery warning happens quickly at that point but I've never had any problem getting it home.

This is why I say the H has one of the best gimbals available. It's even solid during aggressive yawing. Normally we would expect to pay thousands of $$ for such a well stabilized gimbal. The H may not be able to do things some others do, but what it does it does extremely well. She's a rig for people that aren't afraid to actually do the flying.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital