Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally decided to join,,

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Jesse from South TX here. I've had an H with realsense for about a month now and been lurking on the site for about a month before that. A LOT of good information on here.
Of course I finally decided to join because the flying spider has been misbehaving recently.
I have had a couple of tipovers on landing, nothing broken or damaged except some undergarments.
Started noticing that the H is twitchy on the controls, checked my inputs to make sure the pots were clean and adjusted the expo on both aleron and elevator to try to make it smoother, No go.
So Frida night I took it outside to let the satellite almanac update and I noticed it would not sit still according to the St16. Moving anywhere from .2 to 5.7 MPH and constantly losing altitude with the motors not running and blades off. Another odd thing is the camera tilted to the right, Twice. Camera also gave me a messed up video feed a couple of times a couple of times as well, Independent of the tilt issue.
I did multiple accelerometer and compass calibrations and it did not help.
I checked the KP index before I started and it was at 2 so I don't think it was that.
So,,, I flew it Saturday and she's still twitchy on the controls and has a constant slow drift to the right and still giving bad (low) altitude readings but was able to land with little difficulty.
Should probably say that apparently (at least on the St16) my latitude and longitude readings stayd rock steady.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Hello everyone, Jesse from South TX here. I've had an H with realsense for about a month now and been lurking on the site for about a month before that. A LOT of good information on here.
Of course I finally decided to join because the flying spider has been misbehaving recently.
I have had a couple of tipovers on landing, nothing broken or damaged except some undergarments.
Started noticing that the H is twitchy on the controls, checked my inputs to make sure the pots were clean and adjusted the expo on both aleron and elevator to try to make it smoother, No go.
So Frida night I took it outside to let the satellite almanac update and I noticed it would not sit still according to the St16. Moving anywhere from .2 to 5.7 MPH and constantly losing altitude with the motors not running and blades off. Another odd thing is the camera tilted to the right, Twice. Camera also gave me a messed up video feed a couple of times a couple of times as well, Independent of the tilt issue.
I did multiple accelerometer and compass calibrations and it did not help.
I checked the KP index before I started and it was at 2 so I don't think it was that.
So,,, I flew it Saturday and she's still twitchy on the controls and has a constant slow drift to the right and still giving bad (low) altitude readings but was able to land with little difficulty.
Should probably say that apparently (at least on the St16) my latitude and longitude readings stayd rock steady.
The "twitch" is normal with left and right movement of the right stick. It never seems to affect the video. If you need to fly slow and smoothly then use the cruise control pad.

The drift is not normal. That means that the right stick is not returning to zero when the stick is centered. Was it drifting before you adjusted you adjusted the expo settings?

Make sure you remove the camera before doing the compass cal. That is hard on the camera gimbal. If the cam is still tilting, do the gimbal cal while the H is sitting on a level surface. It takes about 5 min to complete.

Try the red button landing method if you are having tip over problems. It works quite well. Most tip overs are caused by any of these issues:
Not holding the left stick all the way down long enough.
Leaving your thumb on the right stick while landing.
Applying a little yaw with the left stick while landing.
Right stick not zeroing properly.
Landing on sloped ground or strong wind.

Don't worry about the readings when it's not in the air. The speed often fluctuates when it's on the ground. The altitude is reset to zero when you start the motors.

And.........welcome to the Forum. Great to have you join us in the fun.

Just flew it again today and she behave pretty as you please, in about a 12 MPH and gusty wind I might add.I will admit I might still be suffering from "new daddy syndrome" and I can be a bit OCD about things every now and then. I am going to dial the expo back some but watching my numbers in the controller itself they still return to zero when I turn loose of the stick. I have to say I'd have LOVED to have had the ST16 when I was flying helis!

Just flew it again today and she behave pretty as you please, in about a 12 MPH and gusty wind I might add.I will admit I might still be suffering from "new daddy syndrome" and I can be a bit OCD about things every now and then. I am going to dial the expo back some but watching my numbers in the controller itself they still return to zero when I turn loose of the stick. I have to say I'd have LOVED to have had the ST16 when I was flying helis!
Good to hear. :) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs