Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight

Reaction score
After the extensive prep work recommendations from the experienced pilots here, took the first day off of flying and read the manual twice, watched all the preflight and first flight videos. Removed my gimbal and went to the airfield. Sad to say it's now a soccer field with oak trees.. Overall a smashing sucess, is an amazing stable machine. One near mishap with an oak which helped put me back in check and remember y'alls words lol. Had a blast can't wait for the other batteries to get here. Won't put the camera back on till I'm proficient with the drone. Again thx for all the advice and future advice I'll most likely need!

"Overall a smashing sucess"...:eek:
Arghhh, not the best choice of words on a drone forum (groan).
Glad you enjoyed yourself and it all went well. Nerve-wracking, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2LT_ Branson
"Overall a smashing sucess"...:eek:
Arghhh, not the best choice of words on a drone forum (groan).
Glad you enjoyed yourself and it all went well. Nerve-wracking, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Lmao...good point!!.. yes very nervous especially when a flock of birds came into the field.

LOL, guess I did it backwards -charged the battery as soon as the box was opened, first flight as soon as the bat was charged.
still haven't read the manual
Keep at it, it a ton of fun.

Reactions: Coma
I thought about that but was reading some of the first flight problems of other members. Had I not I might have been posting.. maiden voyage in the trees!! Lol.did that with my 9yr olds drones.

Reactions: Steve Carr
After the extensive prep work recommendations from the experienced pilots here, took the first day off of flying and read the manual twice, watched all the preflight and first flight videos. Removed my gimbal and went to the airfield. Sad to say it's now a soccer field with oak trees.. Overall a smashing sucess, is an amazing stable machine. One near mishap with an oak which helped put me back in check and remember y'alls words lol. Had a blast can't wait for the other batteries to get here. Won't put the camera back on till I'm proficient with the drone. Again thx for all the advice and future advice I'll most likely need!
Read the manual TWICE ! How may guys ever read the manual ? The saying is "If all else fails, read the manual " :):(

Reactions: toothandnail
The manual is very useful. Unfortunately it leaves many things unsaid or to the imagination.

If the H is your first stint with a UAV, read the Yuneec manual, then read the supplemental manuals pilots have put together to explain the H and fill in some of the missing pieces.

There are a number of very good sources on YouTube with information and tips to start flying your H. Notably Captain Drone and Jeff Sebelius. Yuneec US and UK offers videos as well on YouTube. Some shops like Terrestrial Imaging and Carolina Dronz offer videos as well.

Once you've got that under your belt this forum is a gold mine of information. Without the experienced contributors to this forum I'd be lost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers