Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First time Yuneec owner-questions

Reaction score
Got my H+ two days ago and took a short flight just in front yard to test some things.

1) How many satellites are needed for gps lock? Sometimes it starts and says it’s in IPS mode. I know what that is but when it gets the proper amount of birds, does it automatically go into gps mode? How do I know?

2) When taking off even when it seems I have gps locked, I see a lot of drift. More so than I noticed with my Phantom 4. Drifts in hover mode by about a 6’ radius.

3) I still don’t see an option for Watch Me or POI when I have satellites.

4) I tried Follow Me when it seemed I have gps and it wasn’t greyed out but it told me I did not have enough birds. How many do you need for special flight modes?

5) My camera does not automatically connect. I formatted the sd card but it didn’t make a difference. I still have to connect manually. ???

Last edited by a moderator:
First go here and get the improved manual.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I don't takeoff unless I have a bare minimum of 15 SATs. I turn on the transmitter, then once it's booted up, I turn on the H Plus. Then I go through my preflight checks, adjusting my camera settings, locking white balance, etc. Once I'm finished my little routine, I normally have around 20 SATs. When it's in GPS mode, the rear lights will be purple. With a good SAT fix, that thing should hover within an inch or two. I fly mine regularly in winds over 15mph and it sits in place just fine.

Also, have you ever connected the H Plus to the WiFi hotspot on your cellphone? If so, forget that WiFi network. Or, if you're having this issue at home, that may be what's wrong. It's hooking up to your house WiFi.

Welcome to the forum! These are very good questions, but all of your questions/points are covered in the manual and we would essentially be re-writing it to answer them all adequately for you. And you would be spending as much time reading our replies as you would reading the manual, so it only makes sense to check it out. It is strongly advised that you read thru it and understand how all of the different flight modes work and what their limitations are. This should be done before lifting off the first time. Not to late, get all the essential info you need right here in this revised manual.
First bring yourself up to speed, then if you still have questions bring them to us and we'll be happy share our collective experience.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.8.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 12
Very good point which I had not considered. To be clear, you are referring to the ST16s and not the Plus (just to avoid confusion).

That happened to me...I kept having to manually bind my C23....once I “forgot’” the home network it would automatically bind the camera on boot.

Welcome to the forum! These are very good questions, but all of your questions/points are covered in the manual and we would essentially be re-writing it to answer them all adequately for you. And you would be spending as much time reading our replies as you would reading the manual, so it only makes sense to check it out. It is strongly advised that you read thru it and understand how all of the different flight modes work and what their limitations are. This should be done before lifting off the first time. Not to late, get all the essential info you need right here in this revised manual.
First bring yourself up to speed, then if you still have questions bring them to us and we'll be happy share our collective experience.
I read that manual and I still don’t see some answers to this one. It doesn’t say in there why I don’t see Watch Me and POI mode or how I can select them. Are they hidden within one of the other modes? It’s not on the first list that comes up when you click on the drone/task icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin