Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flew Just to fly today.

Reaction score
Michigan weather finally gave a glimpse of spring today. Went out to the local AMA field with my glider and my H.
Flew my glider for about an hour, then flew 2 batteries in my H. Was fun to just fly it. Nice open area to go WOT 2' off the ground then zoom up. Just wish the H would descend quicker. Did not care about filming anything, although I was recording. Man I love flying this thing. Takes good video too.
Spring has sprung, Get out and fly.

Last couple days have been perfect blue skies, light winds and temps close to 90 here, but non of that matters when I am so behind at work I can't take off - no pun intended.:) Can't wait to get back out and fly again.

Pat

Just wish the H would descend quicker.

It can descend very fast, but the sudden stop is upsetting to some owners.:eek:

I don't know why, but it descends faster on full Rabbit. Designed that way apparently.:)

Glad your Northern weather is moderating. Storms here today in Texas...Flying tomorrow.:D

Michigan weather finally gave a glimpse of spring today. Went out to the local AMA field with my glider and my H.
Flew my glider for about an hour, then flew 2 batteries in my H. Was fun to just fly it. Nice open area to go WOT 2' off the ground then zoom up. Just wish the H would descend quicker. Did not care about filming anything, although I was recording. Man I love flying this thing. Takes good video too.
Spring has sprung, Get out and fly.

Hey Bob,

Glad you could get out.

Know the feeling. Very heavy overcast here in Northern Wisconsin today. Yet just had to get out and spin some props.

Still haven't sent my newly acquired BNF ship out for really "stretch her legs" due to the weather and no more safe ice. But, that didn't keep me from some low level testing, including some photo merge learnings using timelapse and flights at 5 or 6 feet, looking straight down.

The Microsoft Image Composition Editor did ok on horizontal pans, but... terrible on vertical mapping scenarios. The opposite was true with Photoshop. Almost perfect stitching. The earlier 360 panoramas I had tried were less than usable. Learning it is more me than anything and what to expect from each package.

End of rambling... just felt the need to join you in your "need for speed"!

Jeff

I'm in the thumb, flew two other copters today, but not the H; not liking the loose props.

Bob, on weekends I like to drive out to Lake Huron and fly over the water, and have a cookout, make it day. We also go up to Oscoda. It tends to get windy up there which brings out the wind surfers.

Glider,
I am just North of Yale. I fly out over the Saint Clare river, film the freighters going by. I never got a chance to get out and film the ice flows this year.

Jeff,
Did you fly the new H and tested for TB?

Weather here in Montana is full blown spring, burned 5 batteries last Friday afternoon and 6 today.

TC,

Indeed I did!

Did not see any unexpected flight patterns. I have decided "Toilet Bowl" is too strong. Confirmed with another pilot earlier today. What we are seeing is more like an attempt to regain positioning. Slow side to side, forward and back, making more of a growing oscillating or oval pattern.

Anyway, didn't notice anything abnormal. HOWEVER, on the last landing attempt, I could sense right away the motors did not want to idle and tried to tip. I was able to lift off quickly enough to save it. Up five feet then quickly back down. Motors then idled and off.

Interesting, eh?

I think the best thing we can do, until a solid fix is discovered, is to make sure we all are versed as to what to do, and be ready to act quickly.

1) Know to gain altitude whenever possible.
2) Know how to turn off GPS quickly; checklist item before lift off!
3) Be aware and ready, in case the motors do not idle down right away, as to what to do. A "go around" in other words. Come back and try again.

One thing I need to check: I updated the firmware on this BNF ship before I flew. However, it was not the latest autopilot as I used the SD card used to update my original H. It was seen by the update utility. Being newer than what was currently installed, the update process did not check for anything other possibilities. Something more for me to check.

Jeff

Last edited:
Glider,
I am just North of Yale. I fly out over the Saint Clare river, film the freighters going by. I never got a chance to get out and film the ice flows this year.
It's nice all along that drive along Lake Huron.

The freighters are way out there when passing by Port Sanilac; didn't get the H out that far. Most times the water is fairly calm, which is why I go up to Tawas/Oscoda.

I'd really like to head up to the U.P. but don't know how they are up there about drones.

It's nice all along that drive along Lake Huron.

The freighters are way out there when passing by Port Sanilac; didn't get the H out that far. Most times the water is fairly calm, which is why I go up to Tawas/Oscoda.

I'd really like to head up to the U.P. but don't know how they are up there about drones.

Just watch out for that Steve guy! (When up in the U.P.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772