Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight/Maintenance Log Keeping Suggestions

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Did a search but did not find anything so I thought I would ask about keeping logs to satisfy the provisions of part 107. I started on day one, when I got the Typhoon; keeping basic notes on flight numbers, times, battery cycles, maintenance and so fourth but want to have some sort of standardized format. I was thinking about creating a spreadsheet, that I could print off and take into the field and then later add to the log but I wondered what other's here are doing. . .

In particular, do you keep a written log in a physical log book or just transfer everything to a spread sheet? Electronic, Paper or Plastic - what's your style, best practice or procedures for keeping flight and maintenance logs, maybe there is already an app? - got any suggestions or examples to show?

Thanks,
Pat

Hi Pat, there are several log books out there on Amazon that really make it easy to record all of your flight information. I decided to use "Drone/Unmanned Aircraft System Flight Log". I drilled three holes into the edge of it and put it into a 3 hole binder that I can take with me and have something stable to write on. The log book comes with easy to follow explanations and can hold 175 different days of flying. Hope this helps. Lots of others out there as well.

Mike

Mike, Thanks for the info, will check that out, was wondering if a typical log book would work for our purposes, just wanting to make sure.

Pat

Pat, I'm not sure what typical means anymore these days so I am using something that seems very thorough to me and should hopefully please the FAA

Mike

I use dronelogbook, I upload my flight logs and they keep track of most of the options. There are many other fields to keep track of weather and anything else you want to track. They have a free option as well as some paid levels.

DroneLogbook

Pat, I'm not sure what typical means anymore these days so I am using something that seems very thorough to me and should hopefully please the FAA
Mike

Mike, I did a search and found a lot of log books but wasn't sure if they would work for our purposes, when I said typical I meant the ones that tend to pop up on a google search, having never been a full scale pilot, I'm new to the log book and record keeping world. Like you I just want to make sure that if ever I need to provide documentation, I've got it done right and by the book.

I use dronelogbook, I upload my flight logs and they keep track of most of the options. There are many other fields to keep track of weather and anything else you want to track. They have a free option as well as some paid levels.

DroneLogbook

Allan, Thanks for the link will take a look at it now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me