Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Suggestions

Reaction score
I am new at the Typhoon H.

We are working of a video for a TV series with our church about the Battle of New Orleans. Back then in the year 1814 the British advanced through the swamp to reach the battle field. I have a large national swamp in my area to do the videos.

What I need suggestions on is what would be a good height as there will be fog in the area. This time on the year we have a lot of fog around. Also will be flying around trees and stumps also.

This way when we speak about the approach, we can show people this is most likely what they had to march through to get the battle field.

Thanks for any suggestions offered.

JeffK

This sort of thing floats my boat. Local projects such as this are uplifting, for the church members, and for the community.
You said "National Swamp", so I presume you have found that you can legally fly in the area.

A lot of members here can and will advise you on camera settings, etc. I just want to say you need to practice flying as much as possible before you start. Keep the H in Angle Mode all the time, stay away from trees or be sure it is higher than the trees. I use 1920 X 1080 X 60 (Natural) myself for videos.

The fog will actually be your friend (to a point) making the video more "realistic". It may be better for you to make a number of shorter videos, moving around between takes, and splice as needed later, rather than let the craft get too far away.

Darn, I wish I could be there...

Thanks for the advise. And yes the is a National Wild Life area and have spoken with the wild life officers. Will be flying below the tree line as that will get me the best angle for what I am looking for. Over the tree top will not get the effect I need. I have found a couple of spots where the trees are spaced apart so no problems in hitting them, This will be jump straight flights and trying for about 10 - 20 feet off the ground if possible.

Just for info, it is called Honey Island Swamp. But will not be shooting until around the middle to end of February as it is still hunting season and don't want any hunters mad or shoot the bird out the air. A lot of red necks in the area (lol). Will be filming at the 1080 setting as that is what I use for all my videos and cameras.

JeffK

Try to stay out of the fog. Fog is wet and truly messes up a clear lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take advantage of the 4 k camera, use a extreme fast micro SD card. You can then increase to a higher resolution .attached is a photo that helped me. Bob

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-2_14-8-53.png
    upload_2017-2-2_14-8-53.png
    270.6 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18