Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying in CA, NV, Utah, National Parks

Y

Yuneec Pilot

So i know that flying in US national parks is forbidden (which si very sad in terms of Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon etc..
What other places are there around the national parks and Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco where I am allowed to fly with my Typhoon H?

And is there any way to fly AND FILM the Golden Gate Bridge?

If the Golden gate is like the Blue Water Bridge ( USA to Canada) You may not fly over under and have to stay a mile away. (this was what the border patrol told me when I asked) I think the national parks are missing out by not allowing you to purchase a waiver good for one day to film in select spots. They could control who, when, where, and how many at once plus make some money on the side.
I understand we all have to pay the NO FLY price in order to stop the one idiot who will try to do it anyway.
May be a question for the AMA to toss their weight at. Set up an AMA sponsored flying area. I am sure a good many soaring pilots would love to fly around the canyon.

Reactions: Windluv
This could quite possibly be fake news. Not saying it is, but possible for the following points:

1. The video footage is library footage that shows the lava going into the sea but no drone can be seen in the footage.
2. the statement: ' He also said he was more than 2,600 feet from the hose when he witnessed the scene' contained in the piece raises some questions: The photo shown in the piece is of what looks like to be a Phantom. Now I dunno about anyone else, but I'm out of VLOS when my Phantom is more than 1200 ft out and above a thousand feet certainly iffy enough not to be able to say that the dot I can see is a Phantom. Yet the guy says he witnessed the scene from more than 2600 feet away...which makes me wonder whether what he claims to have seen was a drone at all and the photo shown has been through post production (photo shopped)

It's like when an airline pilot reports a near miss with a drone. They can see a drone 500m away while traveling at a couple of hundred miles an hour. All I can say is that, like these airline pilots, this guy must have super human vision to see a Phantom from such a distance.

On the other hand, if the report is genuine (The photo is genuine taken through a zoom lens and that's how he witnessed it) then, yes, the flight was illegal.

Fake news? Surely you jest... this government would not allow such a thing... next thing, you'll be claiming
that the planet is getting warmer... :rolleyes:

Will still be adding to the negative public perceptions of UAVs... fake or not... and even if it turns out to be
Photoshopped BS, don't expect a retraction of the story.

...<snip>.., don't expect a retraction of the story.
Like the story published in the U.K. press early last year about a so called 'drone' that hit a passenger airliner which was later shown to have actually been a plastic bag. The press were quick to make the headline that a 'drone' had hit the airliner, but nothing mentioned when it was proven not to have been the case.

Frankly I'm sick of seeing fake stories concerning our UAVs. It seems to be the current fashion among the tabloids and other parts of the media to find any excuse to sensationalise 'drone' incidents that actually have no foundation in truth.

I'm not saying that incident's don't occur. There are some nutters out there that will do silly things, but I always treat such stories with skepticism unless they are corroborated and shown to be true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer