Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

For You Commercial Operators

Reaction score
If you have one of those clients who tries to get a cheaper price by telling you he can get any unlicensed drone operator to do the job show him this information. :)

18403452_10212589214542759_8711000764494820264_n.jpg

Reactions: GRH and Rayray
Not sure Ray, with the new Regs. here in Canada you need to be a philadelphia lawyer to figure it all out.

Good post. Is that also true for Canada?
Once you take anything for doing drone work in Canada, you are considered a commercial business. Transport Canada states that even if you are given credit for the work without money, it's commercial. To do paid work in Canada, you need an SFOC ( Special Flight Operations Certificate).
The turn around time on these are supposed to be 21 days, but the wait currently is well beyond that with most now up to 6 months due to backlog, and Transport Canada has no plans to shorten that by adding more people to process them. They want the industry in Canada to die.
The round table meetings for the rules had the MAAC (Model Aircraft Association of Canada), F-15 fighter jet manufacturer, military drone makers, all of the airlines were there, but no-one that represented the drone industry was invited.
Our personal and commercial fines are also a lot higher here, not just due to the dollar difference.

If you have one of those clients who tries to get a cheaper price by telling you he can get any unlicensed drone operator to do the job show him this information. :)

View attachment 5966
Good post.
I have the following posted on my web site:

'It is imporant for me to point out that anyone accepting a payment for obtaining aerial imagery that has not got a Remote Pilot's Certificate and does not have permission from the Civil Aviation Authority for Commercial Operations is in breach of the law and will not be insured to conduct such an operation. Anyone inciting someone to break that law may, themselves, be liable for prosecution.'

It's on the 'Pricing' page.

Reactions: Murray Martz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital