Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FPV from the Typhoon H? Yes it is possible!

Reaction score
I have been researching this for a while and have not found an answer that satisfies my curiosity.
I would like to be able to put hood or goggles on someone to let them see what is being videoed or photographed in real time. I know my kids and grand kids would enjoy it immensely.
LOS still will primary for operation, it is just the thought of being able to share the experience with them or an interested party. I have a goggle setup for my smartphone but need a way to get signal into it, preferably with out wires.
I was thinking Bluetooth from ST-16 to Samsung android.

Perhaps you just didn't find what you were hoping to see. What you found probably consistently stated the Typhoon H, Typhoon 4k, Q-500, 920, and Chroma all use a proprietary WiFi frequency and the only way to send video out to anything aside from the controller, phone with the Yuneec app, or Yuneec goggles is by using a HDMI cable between the ST-16 and other devices to make a connection. That's the way it is.

That's sad. Apple computers did the same thing with their computers, hard drives, and floppy drives. You had to pay for their overpriced parts and had no after market solution.

It is possible and there no B.S. about proprietary signal video on 5.8 ghz. I called Yuneec customer service and only had to wait for five minutes. The young gentleman asked me what was I trying to do. I told him just wanted to share the video of the Typhoon H with people. He said that is simple. Just go to Google Play store and down load CGO3. The first one that showed up was the right one for me. It is free and doesn't have commercials. Power up your H and the ST16. Then take your smart phone and scan for new WIFI networks. Locate it and connect to the new signal which will be CGO3xxxxxxx. The x's are what your ST-16 shows your cameras serial number. The video comes directly from the H and not the ST16.
I verified that was true by turning off the ST16 and picking up the H and turning it back and forth and the video moved with the camera. There is minor delay between image taken and image displayed.
If you use this please continue to use LOS as your primary means of navigation.
My phone is a Samsung SM-G900V so it is not a fancy phone that did the trick.

Last edited:
I think I mentioned that with the Yuneec app and phone comment. It will work with some tablets, but not all. There’s a bit of latency when it’s used.

I have been researching this for a while and have not found an answer that satisfies my curiosity.
I would like to be able to put hood or goggles on someone to let them see what is being videoed or photographed in real time. I know my kids and grand kids would enjoy it immensely.
LOS still will primary for operation, it is just the thought of being able to share the experience with them or an interested party. I have a goggle setup for my smartphone but need a way to get signal into it, preferably with out wires.
Thunder, I recommend you to use a FPV screen! It works great. I connect it with a HDMI cable from the ST16.
Aerial photography with Robinson R44 based at Bromma Airport Stockholm

Reactions: ThunderChicken
That is a nice looking piece of gear. What does it cost? I am on a fixed income plus I was wanting it to be wireless.
The free app from the play store solved the situation nicely. I also have a 10" screen available for that use.
Hi Thunder, I bought it from China and payed about $130. Best from Sweden

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Hi Thunder, I bought it from China and payed about $130. Best from Sweden
I went to the website in your posting and I have been impressed. Great material in those photos. Did you take them?

I am envious! Sweden is the top notch country. I like the way it setup and functions.
Key word here is "Functions!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic