Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

From Kentucky and just retired!

Reaction score
Hello from Kentucky. I just retired from our Sheriffs Dept as Senior K9 Officer and Lead UAV Pilot. Opened a small Aerial Photography and Videography side business to make me feel useful and kill somr time. I donate my time and still fly law enforcement and SAR operations for 5 counties. I have 7 drones ranging from DJI, Autel Robtics and now Yuneec. I owned a Typhoon H 480 when they first came out but sold it to buy more advanced. I just recently ordered a practically new H Plus with C23 camera. Some say its obsolete but it shoots 4K @60fps so in my book its still viable. I just look forward to a larger bird that my old eyes can easily see as these new ones keep getting smaller and smaller. Thats my story, look forward to sharing info and tips on the H Plus.

Hello from Kentucky. I just retired from our Sheriffs Dept as Senior K9 Officer and Lead UAV Pilot. Opened a small Aerial Photography and Videography side business to make me feel useful and kill somr time. I donate my time and still fly law enforcement and SAR operations for 5 counties. I have 7 drones ranging from DJI, Autel Robtics and now Yuneec. I owned a Typhoon H 480 when they first came out but sold it to buy more advanced. I just recently ordered a practically new H Plus with C23 camera. Some say its obsolete but it shoots 4K @60fps so in my book its still viable. I just look forward to a larger bird that my old eyes can easily see as these new ones keep getting smaller and smaller. Thats my story, look forward to sharing info and tips on the H Plus.
Welcome to the club, also thank you for your service. Your going to love the plus, just remember to post some of your pics/videos, and any tips on your flight experiences. Enjoy

Reactions: Turtleball420
Welcome. You're joining one heck of a forum that will provide you with as much and more of your needs and expectations on the Yuneec birds. AND, thank you for your service.

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Good to have another experienced pilot join the group. Be sure to peruse the sticky threads in the Typhoon H forums and download the attached manual for handy reference (always handy when using different makes and models).

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum. The best people are HERE!! I retired 1 year ago. No trouble staying busy. H owner for over a year several other dronesalso. Very grateful for all our responders. Have fun now and try to take it easy. Sometimes I am skeptical of flying my drones. I have recently discovered the other side. Many people do not like the fact that we fly.they think the government ,police military etc. are all spying on them.I have flown for a few neighbors just to introduce them to my hobby. Once they see the screen and the flight over there property with their permission tension seems to aese. A few have pulled a switch on me. They told some oftheir neighbors and the reaction as reported back to me was,OH! so he's the one who has been spying on us. Some claim that drones fly over their house in the middle of the night and they are being watched. Supposedly drones as big as cars??? Where are they getting all this B.S. I know of no one who flys in thisarea. esp. at night. I am trying to figure out how to change the way people feel about drones,esp. us hobbyists,though I tread lightly. Sometimes I don't even want to fly anymore. I live in the woods surrounded by national forest land and all my trees. Hard to fly at home. Got to do some serious tree clearing. I always fly carefully, never around houses,homes yards etc. Draw people at the local beach ,all just curious and never negative. I never fly around people ,they get to watch as I fly away from them. So what do you think is up with rural America??
Sincerely I hope you have a great retirement. If you have any thoughts on this flying scared matter please comment. Hopefully others may also have positive thoughts or experience on this. Maybe I should have started another thread,but your becoming a member helped me to express this. Thanks and good luck. Keith C.

Some say its obsolete
It is far from obsolete. It is an excellent aircraft and the resolution is outstanding. As with most of the H series aircraft, you can avoid problems with two simple checks:
1. Make sure the battery is pushed firmly and quickly into place. You will usually hear two clicks. The second click is the lock.
2. Wait for the aircraft to acquire at least 15 satellites before you launch.

Welcome to the forum. The best people are HERE!! I retired 1 year ago. No trouble staying busy. H owner for over a year several other dronesalso. Very grateful for all our responders. Have fun now and try to take it easy. Sometimes I am skeptical of flying my drones. I have recently discovered the other side. Many people do not like the fact that we fly.they think the government ,police military etc. are all spying on them.I have flown for a few neighbors just to introduce them to my hobby. Once they see the screen and the flight over there property with their permission tension seems to aese. A few have pulled a switch on me. They told some oftheir neighbors and the reaction as reported back to me was,OH! so he's the one who has been spying on us. Some claim that drones fly over their house in the middle of the night and they are being watched. Supposedly drones as big as cars??? Where are they getting all this B.S. I know of no one who flys in thisarea. esp. at night. I am trying to figure out how to change the way people feel about drones,esp. us hobbyists,though I tread lightly. Sometimes I don't even want to fly anymore. I live in the woods surrounded by national forest land and all my trees. Hard to fly at home. Got to do some serious tree clearing. I always fly carefully, never around houses,homes yards etc. Draw people at the local beach ,all just curious and never negative. I never fly around people ,they get to watch as I fly away from them. So what do you think is up with rural America??
Sincerely I hope you have a great retirement. If you have any thoughts on this flying scared matter please comment. Hopefully others may also have positive thoughts or experience on this. Maybe I should have started another thread,but your becoming a member helped me to express this. Thanks and good luck. Keith C.
Dont be scared to fly, ever, unless theres a weather factor. Damm I have to drive a little to get to the deep forest, But I love searching out from above the trees, but usually take off in an open area, but have landed between them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold