Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal mount security washers

Reaction score
So after a post-landing roll-over (my first Wizzard flight), I've just put my gimbal mount back together. Have ordered a complete mount from Hobbymounts but I'm only missing the plastic washer from one of the security pins. M4 flat washers are a bit too big, anyone found a suitable alternative?

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
I think that's the only way it comes - At least you'll have some spare parts.

Yuneec Part Number:YUNCGO3P105
1 - CGO3+ Mount
4 - Dampers
2 - Retaining Pins
2 - Retaining Rings

Several people have replaced those with two wire ties. Cut the head off of one tie. Stick the other thru the hole and use the cut off end to use as a nut. Then trim the excess. Don't put it on tight. It needs to stay loose enough to allow free movement.

I also wondered about a short length of cord knotted either end but the cable tie solution is smarter

I am just carrying out this very task. Cannot work out how to get the washer in place without breaking the pin. Giving up now and will use cable tie solution - thanks to all.

I am just carrying out this very task. Cannot work out how to get the washer in place without breaking the pin. Giving up now and will use cable tie solution - thanks to all.
When putting the washers on, use long nose pliers and hold the pin just below the ridge at the end where the washer goes on. If you try to hold the pin at the head end, or in the middle the pressure required to push the washer over that ridge bends the pin and makes in really hard to get a grip on it. I found holding near that ridge on the washer end (it compresses the damper a bit for a few seconds) lets you be able to put enough pressure on the washer with your finger to pop it on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal