Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Gimbal rotating fix for camera after Q500 crash

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by uavpilotsd, Aug 22, 2016.

1. uavpilotsd

Well after finding some good Youtube videos on using the spare cable to connect to the gimbal/camera and drone, I was able to get camera working again after the crash! Now, I need to get the rotation working as it does not rotate when attached to the drone. Any ideas?

2. Ari

Ari

Um... to rotate the camera you rotate the drone... the camera/gimbal doesn't rotate. ;)

3. uavpilotsd

Glad to know thanks Ari! I will have a local repair shop help me with it to fix the crack in the camera gimbal case. Maybe Yuneec may help as well since it crashed on Smart mode during first take off.

4. DroneClone

Were you taking off within 26' of you? then it will crash, trying to get out of the 26' safety circle!

Milt likes this.
  5. uavpilotsd

I don't recall exactly how far away but this may be the reason. In future, I will keep a good distance away to avoid crashing it.

6. DroneClone

In Smart Mode only you must be sure, Angle mode you can take off infront of you, no problem!

7. uavpilotsd

Yup. Well the good news is that with the kind help from the guys at EZDrones in San Diego, we got it put back together ok. I need to order the camera housing part but thats fortunately a cheap $10 fix. For now, its good to get back in the air. I will be careful to get the props on correct and take off in Angle mode!

DroneClone likes this.