Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Git2P binding in the gimbal

Reaction score
The camera slides in without issue by itself, but when I try to insert it with the video cable plugged in, it is pressing on the gimbal motor enough to bind up the operation.

Is it safe to sand off a bit of the plug on its back side?

The camera slides in without issue by itself, but when I try to insert it with the video cable plugged in, it is pressing on the gimbal motor enough to bind up the operation.

Is it safe to sand off a bit of the plug on its back side?
Can you elaborate, your question lacks enough info for an answer.

If I install the camera into the gimbal without plugging in the video cable and power on the quad, the gimbal works as it should. IE: It self centers, responds to the tilt control slider on the ST10+, etc.

When I try installing the camera into the gimbal with the video cable plugged in, it is REALLY tight and I notice that the gimbal no longer moves freely nor does it respond to the tilt control on the ST10+.

So I am guessing that the video plug is pressing against the gimbal motor/wires and is causing the binding/sticking of the gimbal. So I was hopeful that I could sand off a bit of material from the video plug to allow better clearance of the gimbal motor/wires.

If I install the camera into the gimbal without plugging in the video cable and power on the quad, the gimbal works as it should. IE: It self centers, responds to the tilt control slider on the ST10+, etc.

When I try installing the camera into the gimbal with the video cable plugged in, it is REALLY tight and I notice that the gimbal no longer moves freely nor does it respond to the tilt control on the ST10+.

So I am guessing that the video plug is pressing against the gimbal motor/wires and is causing the binding/sticking of the gimbal. So I was hopeful that I could sand off a bit of material from the video plug to allow better clearance of the gimbal motor/wires.
You say quad! This is the typhoon H forum, are you in the right place my friend?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval