Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Global gimbal mode in CC

Reaction score
I wonder if any Typhoon H pilots out there can help me with understanding the following please;

When using Global gimbal mode in CCC, with the right control stick now controlling the tilt and pan of the camera gimbal.

1. Which way does the camera tilt move when you push the control stick forward? (I'm presuming the camera moves so it's pointing further down-wards, when you push the stick forwards?)

2. Is there a way of altering the pan and tilt speed/sensitivity settings, when using the right stick in this mode?

I wonder if any Typhoon H pilots out there can help me with understanding the following please;

When using Global gimbal mode in CCC, with the right control stick now controlling the tilt and pan of the camera gimbal.

1. Which way does the camera tilt move when you push the control stick forward? (I'm presuming the camera moves so it's pointing further down-wards, when you push the stick forwards?)

2. Is there a way of altering the pan and tilt speed/sensitivity settings, when using the right stick in this mode?

Unfortunately, the camera tilts up when pressing the stick forward. That's backwards to what flying an R/C aircraft is when controlling the aircraft.

I wish they'd give us an option to reverse the direction of travel when controlling the camera gimbal with the right stick without affecting how it affects the H when it's used to control the H itself instead of the camera gimbal.
(seems like it would be easy to do in the firmware.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Are you 100% sure? I posted the same message on RC groups and they said >>In Global/CCC, forward stick is down, aft stick is up. Although I have not altered mine I believe you can make adjustments for sensitivity in the Channel Settings menu using the exponential features<< see Official Yuneec Typhoon H ***Owners*** Thread non moderated - Page 313 - RC Groups

The reason I ask, is like you I'd want the camera to tilt down, when the stick is pushed forward.

Cheers

I may have been in error at RCG. Fly it and try it to be sure.

Hi Pat, Thanks.

I don't yet have a Typhoon H, but am considering buying one in the New Year. Hence the questions :)

The Global pan mode using the right hand stick is a deal breaker for me, in terms of stick forward = camera down is the only way my limited brainpower will cope

Hi Pat, Thanks.

I don't yet have a Typhoon H, but am considering buying one in the New Year. Hence the questions :)

The Global pan mode using the right hand stick is a deal breaker for me, in terms of stick forward = camera down is the only way my limited brainpower will cope
Dont let that be the reason you dont buy. Its not hard to get used to and maybe they will change it in a future update. I have done a few ccc missions programed in the flight center app and used the global mode and loved it. Here is a video i made using the flight center app.

Bill W.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Are you 100% sure? I posted the same message on RC groups and they said >>In Global/CCC, forward stick is down, aft stick is up. Although I have not altered mine I believe you can make adjustments for sensitivity in the Channel Settings menu using the exponential features<< see Official Yuneec Typhoon H ***Owners*** Thread non moderated - Page 313 - RC Groups

The reason I ask, is like you I'd want the camera to tilt down, when the stick is pushed forward.

Cheers

Yes, I'm sure because that's what messes me up when using it. I've got it 'burned' into my brain from years of fly R/C airplanes where forward is down and aft is up. The gimbal operates opposite of that.

Small things like this are why I like two operator camera rigs. Each operator gets really good at what they do and become intimate with their controls.

Thanks again guys.

It's soooo frustrating :) in that a software change to allow an option, to invert a function like this would be very quick/easy for Yuneec to impliment.

Reactions: abinder
Thanks again guys.

It's soooo frustrating :) in that a software change to allow an option, to invert a function like this would be very quick/easy for Yuneec to impliment.
Some folks just can't learn new things. You could always go into the transmitter control settings and flip it, but then you would have to learn how to do that. Life is so hard...;)
If I go across the pond, I have to learn to drive on the opposite side of the road. Maybe if I complain enough, they will change the rules and I won't have to learn anything.

Last edited:
Some folks just can't learn new things. You could always go into the transmitter control settings and flip it, but then you would have to learn how to do that. Life is so hard...;)
If I go across the pond, I have to learn to drive on the opposite side of the road. Maybe if I complain enough, they will change the rules and I won't have to learn anything.

Actually, if you "flip" the function in the transmitter settings, you then would make pressing the stick forward cause the aircraft to backup and pulling the stick aft would cause the aircraft to go forward.

The way it's presently setup in the settings of the transmitter affects both gimbal travel and direction of the aircraft when using the stick to control either one. Presently, they don't have a setting in the transmitter that would only affect one of them.

Actually, if you "flip" the function in the transmitter settings, you then would make pressing the stick forward cause the aircraft to backup and pulling the stick aft would cause the aircraft to go forward.

The way it's presently setup in the settings of the transmitter affects both gimbal travel and direction of the aircraft when using the stick to control either one. Presently, they don't have a setting in the transmitter that would only affect one of them.

Yes but you could just create another model and bind to it for CCC operation only.

I'm a security guard in my day job and the way the camera works in exactly the same way as a PTZ (pan tilt zoom) camera, forward always makes it go forward and backwards always goes back wards if it hits the bottom it wont go back wards as it would be upside down so you rotate it, in more expensive systems when you hit the bottom it rotates 180 automatically and then will continue going backwards until you let go then the controls return to normal

Last edited:

Since the H is in auto pilot and speed of travel in CCC is set by left stick motion, I would think having the right slider in turtle would make the right stick sensitivity higher for gimbal control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm a security guard in my day job and the way the camera works in exactly the same way as a PTZ (pan tilt zoom) camera, forward always makes it go forward and backwards always goes back wards if it hits the bottom it wont go back wards as it would be upside down so you rotate it, in more expensive systems when you hit the bottom it rotates 180 automatically and then will continue going backwards until you let go then the controls return to normal

When you say "forward", do you mean the camera go up ?????

Ref >>Some folks just can't learn new things<<

25 years of flying full size and RC aircraft, mean that my brain firmly equates pushing a control stick forwards with a resulting downwards motion...or upwards if you hold the stick forwards long enough...:)

Ref >>Some folks just can't learn new things<<

25 years of flying full size and RC aircraft, mean that my brain firmly equates pushing a control stick forwards with a resulting downwards motion...or upwards if you hold the stick forwards long enough...:)

Yeah...the stick flip is weird...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: abinder
When you say "forward", do you mean the camera go up ?????

Yes, imagine your standing still with your arms pointing down and that your arms are the camera, move them forward keeping them straight what do they do? they go up! move them down and your doing a 'backward motion'

Forward and back are dependent on which one is set to a positive value. It would be worth a call to Yuneec to speak with a high level tech that has some understanding of the software. They may be able to direct to to a place in the system it might be changed.

What makes things more difficult is the change in stick function when using CCC. I can imagine that creates a very complicated software change. It might be a lot easier to just remember the reversal and say that to yourself whenever using CCC. What defines us as humans are opposable thumbs and the ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers