Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Global gimbal mode in CC

I used to fly a Russian aircraft (full size), where the artificial horizon worked the opposite way around to a western aircraft... down was up and visa-versa, I ended up being able to use the AH whilst flying.... but with very sweaty palms and an accident waiting to happen....deep seated learning can be difficult to over-ride :)

Prop prolly went the wrong way too. I agree, it can be a bit of a chore to adapt. I'm terrible at driving in countries where lane directions are reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!

For me the gimbal mode at CCC is also confusing.
I fly FPV quads and pushing stick forward quad nose goes down and horison goes up on my goggles.
Typhoon H in CCC mode does opposite. Stick down moves camera down, not related as flying FPV.

I would like to have option to change it!

Best regards!

Reactions: abinder
Hi!

For me the gimbal mode at CCC is also confusing.
I fly FPV quads and pushing stick forward quad nose goes down and horison goes up on my goggles.
Typhoon H in CCC mode does opposite. Stick down moves camera down, not related as flying FPV.

I would like to have option to change it!

Best regards!
Have you contacted Yuneec? Complaining about it here certainly won't change anything.

Enough people discussing this with Yuneec C.S. would probably get it changed in a later firmware release.

Have you contacted Yuneec? Complaining about it here certainly won't change anything.

I said something to them a couple of months ago and the person I talked to said there wasn't any plan to change it and it might be hard for them to do. Go figure.

Here is a video that shows how to change the channel settings to control the camera. It is in German. If you decide to do this, make sure to create a new model and make the changes on that one.

I said something to them a couple of months ago and the person I talked to said there wasn't any plan to change it and it might be hard for them to do. Go figure.
As a programmer, I'm thinking it would change one line of code, maybe a plus sign to minus...

I'm not a programmer but do work with autopilots. A lot of what I work with uses a binary code and positives/negatives are common to the flight surfaces logic in Phi, Theta, and Gamma, along with payload control functions.

I spoke with Yuneec UK CS to ask if reversing the function was possible. The answer was no, but fwiw they did say that it would be a very useful option to have and that they would pass this onto their R&D guys for consideration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers