Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS lost warnings

Reaction score
Howdy,

I was going flying her in high winds on Sunday.
Placed o0n the ground, boot up.
The ST16 report 11-14 satellites - but like every 20 seconds I get a lost GPS warning.
Well, we had high winds and even on the ground she was a bit jittery.
Interestingly, as soon as I armed - the GPS lost warnings stopped. Disarm: Warning back.

However, I risked to fly and even with 30mph gusts, she was absolutely stable (Amazing)

But I am nervous about the GPS warnings.

Any hints?

Thanks
Oskar

How long have you had the H? How many flights? Has this ever happened before?
After several minutes (5 or so) I would expect the H to show more sats than 14. How many sats did the ST16 show?

I have it since December. Have not seen the behavior before - also no change in firmware ( 3.01.b25 on the St16 )
I'd say I have 1 hour flight time on it. ( For training I am taking cheaper birds - pretty much fly without GPS support )

According to the telemetry log, I started out with 11 .. a bit later 17 satellites

Thanks
Oskar

Okay good deal. 11 is marginal; 17 is good.
It's certainly puzzling why you are getting a warning with the motors off. If you see this happen again then send the telemetry to Yuneec and ask them to review it.

Warnings occur when the number of satellites being tracked drops by more than 2. So if you have marginal conditions where satellites come and go, you'll keep getting warnings.

It might be worth powering it up in clear, open ground and leaving it to settle for 15 minutes, which is the time it takes to completely update the almanac (the database of satellite positions). If you're still only getting 11 sats, it'd be worth contacting Yuneec support.

Reactions: Marcomdg and THoff
I would definitely suggest upgrading your ST16 firmware to B27 as you are behind on that. It may or may not solve your problem.

This happened to me very often with the original firmware (purchased my H back on June 2016) sometimes it would fly perfectly but as soon as I landed and turned off the motors I would get a GPS lost warning, and then it would have a hard time getting back a lock even when restarting the aircraft.

Firmware update fixed this issue; my last update was the Sept 1st. The problem has never happened again

Greetings!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital