Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

GUI

Discussion in 'Q500+ Help' started by DKW, May 7, 2016.

1. DKW

DKW

I am trying to get drone connected to GUI, I have downloaded GUI and followed all instructions, wont connect. My drone had a wire with a port available to me in the battery compartment, I did not have to disconnect receiver wire like shown in some videos. Not sure where to troubleshoot from here.
    Q500 4K

2. Jafo

A port available for connecting the gui ?? Hummmm.......
    Try connecting to the receiver as described and see what you get.
    You should connect if all is well.

3. Danno

Mine also has an available connector in the battery compartment, without having to disconnect anything in the compartment.
    However, I did have to remove the short extension that was connected to the end of wire on USB dongle. Otherwise the connector won't match the available connector in the battery compartment of the Q500+.
    If it does not fit in easily, be sure you have it oriented the proper way.

4. Eastcoastresident

Guys, I'm new here and I'm sorry if I'm starting off on the wrong foot or in the wrong area but I'm having the same issue as DKW. I just purchased a Q500 4K...it has an available port but is not connecting to GUI. I've downloaded and installed the GUI, downloaded the VCP Driver for Windows and the 'setup executable' file. Extracted the 'setup executable' file and got a CDM21218_Setup.exe file, double clicked that and it installed. The GUI is just saying 'Disconnected. Trying port COM5'. I don't know what the VCP Driver is for, I unzip it and it contains 8 other files that I can't do anything with. Do they have to be dragged somewhere? I just spent an hour on the phone with a lady at Yuneec support and she probably thinks I'm just stupid because she just kept saying it was simple and I must be doing something wrong. I might be doing something wrong but her step by step instructions were poor at best. We got nowhere. What's going on?