Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H and H+ looking at each other.

Impressive to see what a comeback the bald eagles have made. I remember being a kid in the 70's and early 80's and reading all of the Nat Geo and Scientific American articles about how close they were to extinction. And watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom episodes where Marlin Perkins would sit in a lounge chair at a comfortable distance and narrate while his trusty assistant Jim waded into neck deep water to wrestle a hungry anaconda bare-handed and without speaking a word. Jim was a helluva man.

Out with Ty Pilot this afternoon. Absolutely no wind and such a gorgeous day.
We also had 2 bald eagles do a fly by.

View attachment 12473

Next time, someone should suggest pushing the left stick (throttle) a little more. Woulda, coulda shoulda been a great shot if the blue sky were the backdrop rather than the blending trees.

Or is this another incident of trees grabbing drones?

[emoji41][emoji14]

Ok, I admit... just a bit jealous you two can commiserate in person.

Jeff

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Actually that shot was from last week, I was at the field shooting some footage for another video and I was filming my Plus from the ground when I heard the characteristic chirps Eagles make and looked up and there they were behind me watching this curious new thing flying in their airspace. I quickly landed and and turned the camera on them. Yesterday with AH, we were both flying and I saw the Eagles coming into the field but they were high and fast.

Also last week I caught a glimpse of a mother Bobcat and two grown cubs, didn't get a great shot, had the wrong camera for the job.

BobcatsSmall.jpg

Reactions: biltno
Next time, someone should suggest pushing the left stick (throttle) a little more. Woulda, coulda shoulda been a great shot if the blue sky were the backdrop rather than the blending trees.

Or is this another incident of trees grabbing drones?

[emoji41][emoji14]

Ok, I admit... just a bit jealous you two can commiserate in person.

Jeff
Once I took a look at the pic I thought the same @NorWiscPilot

Last edited:
Thats them! Just after you took this I clicked into sport mode and did a max climb but as I did they just nosed over a little and picked up incredible speed - I was not gonna get close enough to take a picture so I decided the ground would be a better place for the Plus at that moment. ;)

Yep, days like this you can really relax and enjoy the outdoors while flying. No smelling fums, no jackhammers, just relaxation!:D

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder