Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has Today's New Firmware Helped Anyone?

Hello! Pilots

I apologize for interfering in your firmware discussion, but I read a lot of branches on the forum, I did not leave one thought -
Typhoon tablet allows you to make a copy of the control program - right?!
Why to upgrade to the new firmware, do not make a copy of the old one? Copies can be made many times - is not it? You can always check to compare different management options. You will also always be protected, if suddenly appears in the new firmware program error.

And you will always remain in the sky returned Previous software for which you are flying well and will improve in anticipation of the new program!

Reactions: DronePict
What did he say?
I apologize for my English. This is a machine translation of Google. You can also translate my words back.
Программное обеспечение аппаратуры позволяет делать копии программ управления Тайфуном. Вы можете сделать копию ПО Тайфуна перед обновлением, чтобы при необходимости вернуться к пред идущей версии ПО, если в новой версии прошивки имеется баг или какие либо недоработки, которые критичны или не нравятся вам.

так же , если у вас имеется интерес к сказанному, написанному, другому сайту на другом языке вы можете открыть сайт в браузере Google Chrome и правой кнопкой мыши включить перевод всего сайта.

Magic,

You can copy of an existing profile but it will run in what ever firmware is installed. You can't easily make a copy of the existing firmware and roll back the update if it doesn't work.

Магия,

Вы можете скопировать из существующего профиля , но он будет работать в том, что когда-либо установлена прошивка . Вы не можете легко сделать копию существующей прошивки и откатить обновление , если он не работает .

Magiya,

Vy mozhete skopirovat' iz sushchestvuyushchego profilya , no on budet rabotat' v tom, chto kogda-libo ustanovlena proshivka . Vy ne mozhete legko sdelat' kopiyu sushchestvuyushchey proshivki i otkatit' obnovleniye , yesli on ne rabotayet .

Absolutely.

That work profile with the installed firmware.
You can have many profiles with different firmware and switch between them at will. Only every time you need to bind the receiver to the transmitter Typhoon. But it's probably not a big problem.

Reactions: KBflyer
No you dont

I don't want to start any arguments here, but I just went online to Yuneec's website and was able to download the latest update. So the site is apparently up and running at the moment. What I really want to mention, is the 'WARNING' listed on the page where the download is. I did a 'copy/paste' of what's on the page. Note the double dash lines below. The warning is between them. Therefore you should download and install the latest firmware for the ST16. At least that's how I interpret the message.

Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b23
Details
Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STD Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.27, Camera:v3.2.15
Details
Drone Firmware - Firmware Typhoon H STD
1x1.gif

Description
  • Return Home altitude is adjustable.
  • Enable motor LED on/off switch.
  • Improved camera gps data.
Watch the Firmware Update Video for assistance and instruction on how to update your Typhoon H firmware.

Version Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.27, Camera:v3.2.15
============================================
Warning USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF ST16 FIRMWARE
=============================================
Release date 09/13/2016
File size
Firmware Typhoon H EU Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.27, Camera:v3.2.15

^ That isn't the latest firmware, there is a b24 that came out just days after the b23 version. It isnyclear if it was pulled intentionally or was lost temporarily due to website problems -- supposedly there is another update in the works.

Yuneec does a rather poor job communicating with their customers.

What are the problems with the latest firmware update observed. Here's another one crashed after update -
in Russian, including subtitles and translation in the video settings

^ That isn't the latest firmware, there is a b24 that came out just days after the b23 version. It isnyclear if it was pulled intentionally or was lost temporarily due to website problems -- supposedly there is another update in the works.

Yuneec does a rather poor job communicating with their customers.

I was informed by a CS at Yuneec on Friday. He stated that the latest firmware WAS pulled due to a problem and would be back in a week or two.

I'm confused...what was pulled? I downloaded and installed the latest this past Saturday. ...what the ****.....

I'm confused...what was pulled? I downloaded and installed the latest this past Saturday. ...what the ****.....

Same here.
Makes scared to even try to fly it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back on track ... for the record, I am not going to update. If there was a magic camera quality upgrade aspect to it, yes, maybe worth the risk, but since it flies well enough (and the lights are pretty) I'll stay with what works. RTH altitude adjustments are useless if machine falls from sky!

I was informed today by Yuneec that the update was put back on the site this weekend and the current download listed is correct. They also stated that many of the problems reported on the forums are not being called to Yuneec. There CS reports to the programmers whenever they receive five or more occurrences of the same problem. If all the people complaining of Telemetry, Compass, and other errors on the forums, groups, etc, would also call Yuneec and report the problem, it would document the issues so they could be investigated by the programmers. I have called them on several issues and always get quick response and when available a quick solution. I do not have the number for the UK or Germany, but the US number is (844) 898-6332. Voice your problems here, but also voice them directly to Yuneec. If you do, then hopefully problems will be resolved quicker and then we can look forward to new enhancements.
Fly Safe!

Hi,

Interesting idea of varied software loads and switching back and forth between them. Problem I see with this logic is that each time you change firmware in ST16 if there was also a change on cam and H then you must change those software updates also or wind up with firmware mismatch :eek: not good.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig