Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello, Troy here, Cedar Rapids Iowa

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Troy and live in Cedar Rapids Iowa. I bought my first drone about 3 weeks ago. Bought used just to see if I like it. I have about 6 flights in. Nothing fancy, just learning the controls. Now hold your criticism til the end. It was a little over a week, I had my first crash and grounded it, and waiting for parts. But before the crash I was looking to get the Typhoon H as the next one. So since I was grounded with the first one, I just bought the Tyhoon H. Now that brings us to current, the Typhoon gets delivered tomorrow. Hoping it goes better then the first one.

I'm here to learn and get better at this. Any advice/positive criticism is welcome. Also would like to see if anyone in the CedarRapids area would want to get together and fly.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!
0ROJYyg.png

Good choice :) If you take the time to utterly familiarise yourself with the Typhoon H by reading loads of the threads in the TH Discussion and Help sections here, you should have a long and happy time with your new machine, and hopefully avoid the various 'traps' that new users who haven't done their research often fall into !

Please read the manual, reread and reread again There is tons of information to digest, even after flying for 1½ years I do go back and read parts of the manual. Make sure you DO NOT FLY IN SMART MODE. If you do stay away at least 30 feet or more also when it's time to land stay away 30 feet or more.

Fly in a open field away from trees or any obstacles.
Fly with out the camera attached to the H for the first many flights until you are comfortable.
Most of all, if you see the H doing something erratic, STAY CALM DO NOT PANIC, let go of the controls it should then stop and hover.

ALWAYS Double check your battery insertion, two clicks.
Never, never think you have mastered the drone!
Fortunately I have not purchased a burial plot for my H and don't intend to. I am always a bit nervous when I fly, and for good reasons.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT!
I also attached a PDF manual that was posted by somebody here.
BE safe and enjoy your bird.:cool:

13.jpg

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: taavis
Please read the manual, reread and reread again There is tons of information to digest, even after flying for 1½ years I do go back and read parts of the manual. Make sure you DO NOT FLY IN SMART MODE. If you do stay away at least 30 feet or more also when it's time to land stay away 30 feet or more.

Fly in a open field away from trees or any obstacles.
Fly with out the camera attached to the H for the first many flights until you are comfortable.
Most of all, if you see the H doing something erratic, STAY CALM DO NOT PANIC, let go of the controls it should then stop and hover.

ALWAYS Double check your battery insertion, two clicks.
Never, never think you have mastered the drone!
Fortunately I have not purchased a burial plot for my H and don't intend to. I am always a bit nervous when I fly, and for good reasons.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT!
I also attached a PDF manual that was posted by somebody here.
BE safe and enjoy your bird.:cool:

View attachment 11031

Thanks for the good advise. I am going slower this time. I have read the manual that you can download from Yuneec, and just downloaded the one you posted. No sure if there the same yet. Also have the simulator, which I tried out yesterday. I've watched about every video on YouTube already. Think I will stick to the simulator for a while, til the controls become more familiar. The one thing I want to know, and haven't had time to look up. How to change the sticks configuration. I feel backwards on the default settings.

Not from the Rapids but I am in Des Moines. Me and my brother in law both fly. R U On FB? If so you can add me Frank Mcnew.

Reactions: taavis
Not from the Rapids but I am in Des Moines. Me and my brother in law both fly. R U On FB? If so you can add me Frank Mcnew.

Look you up now. Need to head that way one of these weekend, taking a DJI to get fixed. What are some good places to fly up there? Still new, only had the H in the air once now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giiir