Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is my Typhoon H safe?

Reaction score
I have saw a lot of reviews of flyaway incidents on the typhoon h, and crashes. That got me very worried about my typhoon h, anyone know if this is common or rare? I just flew my typhoon h for the first time today, and it was promising, and them I check out reviews on google, and multiple people has claimed flyaway and crash incidents. (how can I prevent any of this from happening and how to keep my drone as safe as possible?) Thanks for responding, keep your drone safe!

Last edited:
Welcome to YuneecPilots Lucas!

Your Typhoon H is actually a very stable and capable aircraft. It handles well in winds and is fairly large making it easier to keep visual line of sight.

To help you avoid crashes and “flyaways” you can do a few simple things.

1) Use the Hardware Monitor to check proper operation of all controls on the ST16 prior to your first flight of the day. Insure that the sticks follow your movements without chatter or sluggishness and return completely to center.

2) On takeoff and landing place the Rate Slider (lever on right side) in the Rabbit (full up) position. This allows full control output to the aircraft and will allows the motors to idle down upon touchdown.

3) Fly the aircraft in Angle mode (Mode switch in middle position). Status LED on rear of aircraft will be purple.

4) Do a visual survey of the area you intend to fly and set the RTH height to about 20 feet more than the highest obstacle in that area.

5) Only use Smart Mode after reading and understanding how it works. The safe circle it uses makes aircraft control non intuitive. Only use it in an open area until you fully have command of how it reacts to control inputs.

6) Only fly with fully and freshly charged batteries. When batteries are not being used, keep them at Storage charge (3.8V/cell or 15.2V for the 4S packs used by the Typhoon H).

7) Download the attached manual to your smart phone so you have access to it when out flying and read it thoroughly to help you understand the system.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 20
Hi Lucas, welcome from Italy.
Rest assured, I've been flying for years and I've never had a flyaway, the H is a fantastic drone.

I wish to add to @DoomMeister recommendation list the following:

> after getting "welcome pilot" message it's a good practice to wait few minutes before takeoff: these minutes helps to acquire more satellites both on ST16 & TH, and this means more accuracy during the flight, because the gps has a wider range of lock.

One of the most common error is to fly just immediately after getting the double bip signal of "ready" , this only gives you the message that the minimum number of satellites has been acquired.

I love My H!!!! What everyone else has said I can only add......... practice switching off GPS and flying back to you without it! Regulary, until you can do so relatively quickly. In the event of a fly away it may be the only way to regain control of your airframe before it either hits something or flies until it drops.... *read back*

I love My H!!!! What everyone else has said I can only add......... practice switching off GPS and flying back to you without it! Regulary, until you can do so relatively quickly. In the event of a fly away it may be the only way to regain control of your airframe before it either hits something or flies until it drops.... *read back*
A word of advice is to do this in an open area without trees or other obstacles. With GPS disabled the aircraft will drift with the wind, continue traveling in the direction it was going when you release the sticks (no auto braking), and will generally fly faster at full throttle as the computing with GPS is not taking place.

Another bit of information crossed my mind just now. If you get compass warnings when getting ready for takeoff you are most likely too close to hidden ferrous material. Move the aircraft a few feet away and see if the warning disappears. Although it is rare with this aircraft taking off when getting compass warnings can initiate an unstable flight condition after lifting off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook