Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with tool

Reaction score
Ive received my 2 motors and arm latches for the repair, but I dont have what I believe to be the #1.5 security hex needed to pull the shell off. The only onw i can find here in town and online have 1/4 inch shafts and wont fit in hole. Anyone have a link to a site that has the one i need?

They're just standard run-of-the-mill metric hex wrenches. Your local home doodle improvement center store should have a set.

They're just standard run-of-the-mill metric hex wrenches. Your local home doodle improvement center store should have a set.
They are tamper proof hex. And no, both Lowes and Home Depot dont have ones with a skinny enough shaft to get all the way down the screw hole

I have 3 HS and none have security screws. They are standard 1.5mm hex. Are you sure they are tamper proof, do they have a nipple in the center?

Last edited:
mine had what looked like a tamper proof screws I took a small flat screwdriver and poped out the middle and used a normal hex driver

I would also think a firearms repair shop would have them. Metric is what is used with weapons a lot. Perhaps even going to an auto parts store. Imports use Metric as well. Metric is commonly used throughout the world......the US will eventually fall in line. ;)

This is F'n ridiculous! Called my local hobby store, no dice. Everyone I talk to has no idea what Im talking about.

Try a hobby store that sale primarily rc cars. All the hobby shops here in Minnesota sale mainly flying rc. The only store for wrenches that small is a rc car kings. That's where I go for wrenches. It's the best option for me. Or order online.

Not saying you have to buy it here, but this is the correct 1.5mm driver
Flite Test 1.5 Hex Driver
Hope it helps

Bob,

I haven't seen the set advertised for awhile but as of 6 months ago those hex drivers could be had in a set of 4 tools, m1.5 to m3, for as little as $13.00. I've obtained them from both Hobby King and Amazon. Unfortunately the set obtained at Amazon is no longer listed. Closest I could find to those is this: https://www.amazon.com/Dynamite-Machined-Hex-Driver-Set/dp/B00OCO9178/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505312992&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=4+pc+metric+hex+driver+set,+1.5mm+to+3mm

If there's a hobby shop around that specializes in Traxxas RC cars they might find a set there as it appears that Dynamite makes metric nut and hex driver sets tailored for Traxxas cars.

Odd. Mine were not tamper proof. Go figure.

Yeah, I don't why the screws are tamper proof. Just the way it is with me, nothing can be easy. So my options are to continue looking for tamper proof Hex 1.5 with a small enough shaft to reach do into the hole, or find a way to snap the peg of the screws

.....aaaand I'm a dumbass. The way the screws were milled and the lighting I had made them look tampered. A full week of being perturbed for nothing...lol

Reactions: kd4pbs and Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin