Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hover test after getting my H back

Reaction score
Just inspected my drone seems one of the arms has a little bit of play after locking it in that the arms aren't exhibiting. Should I be concerned? Had a little bit of drift but no errors I didn't not fly it just put it in a low hover but when looking at the UAV toolbox it shows me flying out away from its stationary location. Could that be an issue with the drone? Granted, I have not done any calibrations since getting it back from Yuneec and it shows they calibrated everything.

Just inspected my drone seems one of the arms has a little bit of play after locking it in that the arms aren't exhibiting. Should I be concerned? Had a little bit of drift but no errors I didn't not fly it just put it in a low hover but when looking at the UAV toolbox it shows me flying out away from its stationary location. Could that be an issue with the drone? Granted, I have not done any calibrations since getting it back from Yuneec and it shows they calibrated everything.
Guess I wouldn't be real concerned with the arm as long as it locks. The drift could be because it was just started in a new location so you may have to let it sit awhile on the ground with the motors off while it gets an exact GPS fix. I would suggest doing an accelerometer cal at least before flying again. Then do the hover test again.

I think drifting around a point is normal as long as the drone does not keep going in one direction say more than 6' or so. This is more pronounced at lower levels. Not a worry. Typically you'll have some 16 to 20 GPS Sats on the drone and 10 to 14 on the ST16. The drone tends to pick up more Sats as it climbs from ground level.

You can take off fast if you wish, but always land slow and patient. Get it stable one or two feet high, then lower it to land gently. Left stick still back after landing for a 3 second count, then the red button till props stop.

I never fold the arms on my THs, rarely remove the props, but that's just me.

The place where I bought my "H" has demo unit in which one arm does not lock at all and it flies perfectly.
I mean it will not lock but it does not sag to the ground either.

Reactions: Rayray
I think drifting around a point is normal as long as the drone does not keep going in one direction say more than 6' or so. This is more pronounced at lower levels. Not a worry.

Since I installed the Feb update, my TH takes off and hovers more solidly than ever before. Very little drift, even with a stiff breeze. I'm very pleased.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123