Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to tilt camera up/down in Controller mode

Reaction score
So when you're flying the Breeze in Pilot mode I like how there is a slider you can use to tilt the camera up and down but I can't seem to find the option when flying in Controller mode. Am I just dense or is that feature not available?

Black "cross" on left hand side of the controller. Works the cam tilt up/down and let the breeze rotate whe you press the respective bars of said cross. Very intuitive IMHO

Black "cross" on left hand side of the controller. Works the cam tilt up/down and let the breeze rotate whe you press the respective bars of said cross. Very intuitive IMHO

Ok, so now I don't feel so dumb. The up button does nothing and the down button makes the Breeze rotate clockwise. So I guess my controller is malfunctioning? I guess time to call Yuneec support or just exchange it...

Don’t feel dumb because I got mine two days ago and I am having the same problem with it rotating clockwise when the directional pad down arrow is pressed and it’s driving me nuts ... could it be there latest version of firmware has bugs?

Don’t feel dumb because I got mine two days ago and I am having the same problem with it rotating clockwise when the directional pad down arrow is pressed and it’s driving me nuts ... could it be there latest version of firmware has bugs?

Oh wow glad I'm not the only one... Where did you buy yours? Have you tried updating the firmware?

I got it a wallymart for $200 with controller, it has the latest firmware according to the app.. I really dunno what the solution could be but it is sure frustrating as ****... I tried resetting the remote via little pin button of back didn’t seem to do much of anything other than turn the remote off... any input would be nice from anyone that has experienced and fixed this problem

I got it a wallymart for $200 with controller, it has the latest firmware according to the app.. I really dunno what the solution could be but it is sure frustrating as ****... I tried resetting the remote via little pin button of back didn’t seem to do much of anything other than turn the remote off... any input would be nice from anyone that has experienced and fixed this problem

I did the same. I'm really surprised there aren't more people online asking about this. I've asked on two forums, reddit, 2 Facebook groups, and emailed support. I was going toexchange it at Wal-mart but seeing as you're having the same problem I don't think that's the solution.

I may try to delete and reboot everything

Well, when you do that please let me know what happens!

No change I’m gonna contact tech support tom see if they can enlighten me on how to fix it

Hey bud just said screw it took it back to wallyworld and got a new one just tested it out and it works just fine now with the up down arrows on the d pad guess we got the lemons...FYI I accidentally left the battery on the table, boxed it all up and took it back. They damaged it out for the controller defect and then gave me a whole new unit, so...now i have two batteries just sayin...

Last edited:
Hey bud just said screw it took it back to wallyworld and got a new one just tested it out and it works just fine now with the up down arrows on the d pad guess we got the lemons...FYI I accidentally left the battery on the table, boxed it all up and took it back. They damaged it out for the controller defect and then gave me a whole new unit, so...now i have two batteries just sayin...

I was going to wait until I heard from Yuneec but honestly I am probably just going to do what you did. I am pretty sure we got lemons. So glad I found you on this forum lol, I thought I was going to be the only one with this problem...

Me too bud I’m def not annoyed anymore... where there’s a will there’s a way good luck to you sir maybe forget ur battery on the table for your troubles haha jk

Last edited:
Another thing that comes to my mind: The pairing process (Bluetooth connection of the controller to your smartphone) requires different procedures depending on the OS of your smartphone. So it does make a difference whether you have an Apple phone (IOS) or an Android phone. Pairing the wrong way might cause hiccups.
But when reading the posts in this thread the "lemon theory" seems to be the more likely. What a shame.

i tried **** near everything nothing seemed to fix the problem it seemed easier to just return it to see if that fixed the problem and it did so I guess when in doubt exchange it while you can, after all it wasn’t a cheap toy!!

Another thing that comes to my mind: The pairing process (Bluetooth connection of the controller to your smartphone) requires different procedures depending on the OS of your smartphone. So it does make a difference whether you have an Apple phone (IOS) or an Android phone. Pairing the wrong way might cause hiccups.
But when reading the posts in this thread the "lemon theory" seems to be the more likely. What a shame.

Yeah someone else had mentioned that but I ensure I paired it the correct way for iOS (Power button + Y button).

i tried **** near everything nothing seemed to fix the problem it seemed easier to just return it to see if that fixed the problem and it did so I guess when in doubt exchange it while you can, after all it wasn’t a cheap toy!!

Unfortunately I just swapped mine out at Wal-Mart and I'm experiencing the same problem. I don't know who has worse luck, me or Wal-Mart... Currently on the phone with Yuneec support (estimated wait time 2 hrs) and we'll see what they say. Maybe third time will be a charm...

Oh wow that sucks man well the new one I got last night the controller wouldn’t hold a charge, I charged it all night and used it once the red light was flashing on the bottom of the controller, I was flying for 5 min the controller died and the drone was hovering as advertised but the it went nuts and started to gain altitude then hit a tree branch and went crashing to the ground and **** near ripped one of the motor arms completely off I will be returning for a second time tonight starting to have my doubts....

Oh wow that sucks man well the new one I got last night the controller wouldn’t hold a charge, I charged it all night and used it once the red light was flashing on the bottom of the controller, I was flying for 5 min the controller died and the drone was hovering as advertised but the it went nuts and started to gain altitude then hit a tree branch and went crashing to the ground and **** near ripped one of the motor arms completely off I will be returning for a second time tonight starting to have my doubts....

Wow that's nuts! On my second Breeze I had a very similar thing happen where I put it in Journey mode and it started flying around all wild and ended up smacking in to something and cracked it good. I returned it to Walmart so now I'm on #3 and the camera still doesn't tilt properly in Controller mode. Camera tilts just fine in pilot mode so I'm pretty sure this is a Controller issue.

I was on hold for 2 hours earlier when I randomly was hung up on due to "all agents being at a company event." Needless to say this company nor their product are instilling much faith in me...

What phone are you using... I realized I had an update I hadn’t installed on my Iphone yet they may had something to do with the new one working I dunno though...good luck on your endeavors sir let us know if you ever come to an conclusion on the glitch I’ll let u know if the new one works for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic