Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I PASSED!

Great to hear Billy! Congratulations!

Reactions: BillyTexas
Way to get there, buddy. Another feather in your cap. (I'm an American Indian. I can get away with saying that and still be politically correct!)

Wishing you all the best with wherever this accomplishment takes you to next. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Cool! Seeing these passed posts makes me want to figure out mine. I'm a private pilot but have not flown for about 4 years, so I would need a biannual flight review or take the test. Debating which way I want to go as flying GA is so expensive these days.

Reactions: BillyTexas
Very Cool! Seeing these passed posts makes me want to figure out mine. I'm a private pilot but have not flown for about 4 years, so I would need a biannual flight review or take the test. Debating which way I want to go as flying GA is so expensive these days.
I used remotepilot101.com for my study guide. Its 149 now but he guarantees you pass.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcowgar
I used remotepilot101.com for my study guide. Its 149 now but he guarantees you pass.

Well done Billy. 97% is doing really well.
when I did the 'Part 1' for my Remote Pilot's Cert (a U.K. requirement similar to part 107, but in the U.K. you have to also do an observed flight exam too, which is 'Part 2') I only scored 94% and I thought I'd done well. So, good on you Billy :)

when I did the 'Part 1' for my Remote Pilot's Cert (a U.K. requirement similar to part 107, but in the U.K. you have to also do an observed flight exam too, which is 'Part 2') I only scored 94% and I thought I'd done well. So, good on you Billy :)
Oh my! Im glad we didnt have to do a flight test.

So what dod you have to do for the flight exam? What kind of maneuvers?

Oh my! Im glad we didnt have to do a flight test.

In the U.K., to get a Permission for Commercial Operations from the CAA. (this is what you need to be legally paid for drone work) you first need to pass a classroom exam which is very roughly similar to that for your part 107, I believe. IF you pass that, then you have to produce your own Operations Manual (mine is over 50 pages long) to cover all the aircraft you intend to use for commercial work. once that has been deemed fit for submitting to the CAA for approval you then have to do an observed Operations Test in the field which covers pre-flight documentation, planning, pre-flight briefing, pre-flight checks, and the flight itself demonstrating not only general competence in the air, but also a number of emergency procedures (what we call 'Boldface Actions') finishing with a 'Loss of control signal' procedure (which is simply a demonstration of a RTH), and finally a formal de-brief. Once you've passed that you are given your Remote Pilot's certificate. But That's not all! Read on...

Once you have your Remote Pilot's Certificate you are then eligible to apply for the Permission for Commercial Operations from the CAA which includes sending them your Operations Manual for their approval and written evidence of previous hours in the air over the last 3 months (a pilot's log book covering at least the last 3 months and, for a first application, recreational flights are allowed). These documents are then scrutinized by the CAAs Technical Department and ONLY THEN if they are approved and you have paid your submission fee they will give you a standard permission. This part of the procedure takes at least 28 working days. Not everyone who applies is granted a permission if their Operations Manual doesn't meet the CAAs standards!

The whole business is quite expensive in the U.K. and will typically cost between a thousand and two thousand pounds depending on the company who are doing the training course.

You asked.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital