Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I thought OA would not allow the H to go below a certain height

IPS is the downward facing Indoor Positioning System included in the RealSense module, but doesn't operate as a part of RealSense. I think my understanding is right.

Personally I see nothing useful on this video, but my vision and hearing ain't so good.

That is ok.
IPS works outside our human senses anyway. lol....:confused:

Useful is also a subjective thing.
The guy at the vid shows IPS really functions well, even outside in a gentle breeze.

Also it may not be as easy as it seems to engage IPS and get a confirmation at the ST.
Hence he made another vid.

IPS = Inside Position Sensor (When flying indoors without GPS signal.

There are two types of remote control aircraft. Those that have crashed, and those that are going to.

I would like to suggest that when posting in the forum and an abbreviation is used, such as OA, LOS, IPS, it is spelled out the first time it is used in a posting. For example, "LOS". For those of you who have been doing this for years it is obvious what the poster is saying but for the new forum reader it may not make sense. Could it mean "loss of signal?" If we were to copy the scientific journal format one would say ... line of sight (LOS) .... the first time the term was used and .... LOS ..... thereafter. A subsequent poster could do the same if desired but would not necessarily be necessary as the reader would have already encountered the term in a previous posting. It takes but a second and I suspect would be appreciated.

In the General Discussion forum there is a sticky applicable to acronyms used. Might be an idea to add it to the H Help forum as well.

PatR

Thanks for your post. I was able to find the list of acronyms (although by definition I don't think they all qualify as acronyms, but that is a different topic) by searching the word "acronyms." The only problem I saw with it was that it will need to be updated occasionally. IPS is not listed. I guess anyone could copy the previous post and then add to it. Maybe that gets too complicated. I also noticed one of the items listed was VLOS - visual line of sight. That left me wondering what other types of line of sight I should know about.:D

Know what ya mean about updating, but things could be worse. Work for a military, government, or aerospace outfit and they create new acronyms every few seconds without providing listings to define them. The standard lamentation is "Hey, gimme a vowel."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20