Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intel's New Drone...Real Sense Implications

Reaction score
Pondering post-PC life, Intel dabbles in drones with $1,099 quadcopter

I only post this because perhaps this is why the "Real Sense" documentation has been so sketchy. Pure speculation but perhaps once Yuneec realized they have yet another competitor or Intel's own decision to go it alone resulted in disharmony with one another. Neither company wanted to further the other's product. I'd removed my Real Sense weeks ago because it lacked sufficent documentation, I couldn't get smooth video while using it and also got shorter battery life coupled with already shorter battery life due to cold temps in Iceland. I also had problems landing sometimes (drone would not go low enough to land) and other issues which evaporated once it was removed. Note also the major price decrease of Real Sense.

It's not a video drone. It seems more like a science geek type thing , but it also relies on Yuneec for motors and escs , so I think they are both relying on each other

Moderator clarification:
I believe Richk is referring to Intel when he says it's not a video drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intel says about their drone " It is geared for developers and researchers who desire a fast path to getting applications airborne." That doesn't appear to be direct competition to Yuneec and Real Sense but perhaps a way to get that technology into more hands to enhance development of the technology.

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss