Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intermittent camera feed loss

Reaction score
Hi all have not flown this h plus much it's second hand when purchased. Don't know how to find out flight time on it. Anyway noticed vey quickly the video feed would drop out and freeze on the screen. The drone few responded to commands fine. I changed the firmware to the us as done with my old H better than previous flights. Last night flew and again 200ft directly above it the screen whites out briefly before video cuts in. 2nd battery in and 200m out my video is choppy. However also noticed this time my flight info was also erratic with it. I was going down in height but the numbers were changing with the screen image refreshing. I originally thought the antenna for the camera but the flight info bit isn't coming from that.

Were you recording? If so, does the video recorded on the camera SD card look normal?

"...the video feed would drop out and freeze on the screen"
"...the screen whites out briefly before video cuts in."
"Freezing" and "white out" are two different symptoms. Are they occurring as a result of the same actions/circumstances?

"Last night flew and again 200ft directly above it the screen whites out "
Have all problems occurred while the drone was directly above you?
Are you using the standard mushroom type antenna?
Were all flights with problems at the same location?

"I was going down in height but the numbers were changing with the screen image refreshing. I originally thought the antenna for the camera but the flight info bit isn't coming from that."
Probably not related. Weak WIFI might make the telemetry completely drop out, but not very likely to make it change in value. That might be something to look at later if it persists.

The standard question:
Has anything changed between the last time the system worked normally and the first time it did not? Things like long storage periods, storage/travel in hot conditions, travel without the gimbal lock installed, compass calibration with the camera mounted and not secured, bumps, drops, hard landings, firmware updates, modifications, repairs, or anything else you can think of.

Last edited:
Nothing changed not dropped or anything like that. The drone is second hand so unsure of history(not sure who to access flight logs). It's been glitch from when I acquired it I assumed it was a trait. There are a few posts about the h plus range I believe. I updated the camera firmware to US spec to try and improve things

Nothing changed not dropped or anything like that. The drone is second hand so unsure of history(not sure who to access flight logs). It's been glitch from when I acquired it I assumed it was a trait. There are a few posts about the h plus range I believe. I updated the camera firmware to US spec to try and improve things
OK. That was the answer to one of the seven questions in the post. That answer is helpful but does not narrow down the problem by much. Please understand we are limited to the information you provide.

OK. That was the answer to one of the seven questions in the post. That answer is helpful but does not narrow down the problem by much. Please understand we are limited to the information you provide.
I understand history wise i can only answer recently. which is why I mentioned the flight logs. I haven't travelled, bumped calibrate with the camera on, flew in heat or cold or hard landed. This was my 3rd outing with 2 batteries so I'm new to thisbir. However ownd an H for several years.

I understand history wise i can only answer recently. which is why I mentioned the flight logs. I haven't travelled, bumped calibrate with the camera on, flew in heat or cold or hard landed. This was my 3rd outing with 2 batteries so I'm new to thisbir. However ownd an H for several years.
I'm not sure where the communication breakdown is occurring. But we can try it one at a time:
1.) "Freezing" and "white out" are two different symptoms. Are they occurring as a result of the same actions/circumstances?

I'm not sure where the communication breakdown is occurring. But we can try it one at a time:
1.) "Freezing" and "white out" are two different symptoms. Are they occurring as a result of the same actions/circumstances?
The freezing is literally as it sounds and the pic will stay the same even though I'm turning the drone (after it does it). The picture will rapidly scroll through back to the latest/up to date image. The white out is a new one and only lasts a few seconds then back to normal. I can think of no action to cause as I'm generally hovering.

hope that helps
The flight logs don't record the strength of video signal directly. But it does record the control signal strength. The control signal gets very weak at a couple parts of the highest altitude. The recorded location of the controller is not reliable, so we need more information:
1.) Have all problems occurred while the drone was directly (or near directly) above you?
2.) Are you using the standard mushroom type antenna?
3.) Were all flights with problems at this same location?

The flight logs don't record the strength of video signal directly. But it does record the control signal strength. The control signal gets very weak at a couple parts of the highest altitude. The recorded location of the controller is not reliable, so we need more information:
1.) Have all problems occurred while the drone was directly (or near directly) above you?
2.) Are you using the standard mushroom type antenna?
3.) Were all flights with problems at this same location?
Hi wtfd the location in question is my workplace which I have flown at many times before with my old H with the cg03+ camera never has issues. I did have US firmware on that as well.
I have been always using the mushroom I'm pretty sure did try the square one but changed for this reason. I haven't tried flying anywhere else at the moment. But as I said it's not been a problem before. For information the site is a golf course away from buildings etc.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi wtfd the location in question is my workplace which I have flown at many times before with my old H with the cg03+ camera never has issues. I did have US firmware on that as well.
I have been always using the mushroom I'm pretty sure did try the square one but changed for this reason. I haven't tried flying anywhere else at the moment. But as I said it's not been a problem before. For information the site is a golf course away from buildings etc.
Thank you for those two answers. They help. But part of the last series of questions was looking to determine if the signal loss is related to real distance or to angle above the controller.

Thank you for those two answers. They help. But part of the last series of questions was looking to determine if the signal loss is related to real distance or to angle above the controller.
1.) .) Have all problems occurred while the drone was directly (or near directly) above you?
Sorry to answer I would say the white screen was above the freeze/lock up of the feed has been at distances of less than 400m away

It seems more of a video transmission problem than a video processing problem. As usual, it will be difficult to determine if the camera has a weak signal or if the controller has a problem receiving the signal. The "fast forward" observation hints more at a camera problem. The coincident weak control signal hints at a controller problem. I would ask two more bits of information before proceeding with either of them.
1.) look very closely at the mushroom area of the camera antenna. Are there any scuffs on the shell or broken/loose rubber at the joint to suggest broken solder inside the mushroom?
2.) Has the controller been turned on without the antennas mounted? I doubt you can answer for the previous owner, but if it has happened it could be a clue of where to start.

I hope someone more familiar with transmission issues will join the discussion.

It seems more of a video transmission problem than a video processing problem. As usual, it will be difficult to determine if the camera has a weak signal or if the controller has a problem receiving the signal. The "fast forward" observation hints more at a camera problem. The coincident weak control signal hints at a controller problem. I would ask two more bits of information before proceeding with either of them.
1.) look very closely at the mushroom area of the camera antenna. Are there any scuffs on the shell or broken/loose rubber at the joint to suggest broken solder inside the mushroom?
2.) Has the controller been turned on without the antennas mounted? I doubt you can answer for the previous owner, but if it has happened it could be a clue of where to start.

I hope someone more familiar with transmission issues will join the discussion.
Inspection of the antenna does show anything obvious. However the stem where it insets into the top part seems able to move with a degree of ease. I can angle the stem quite easily so I'm a little wary of that. My cousin has my old H drone so might ask to compare. I might also check the camera antenna as shown in another post to check the flex.
Appreciate your help on this thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy