Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is IPS an inside joke?

Reaction score
I've read all the threads, watched every video I can find, even non English ones, and read every manual.

I can not get IPS on my Typhoon H to work.

I have an ST16+ and RealSense module. It came with the Typhoon H. I can do the little button switchy process but that just gives me more beeps from the H.

It'll cycle GPS on/off after I disable GPS from the ST16, but IPS never enables.

Are all these videos I see of people just clickity clicking IPS on from before the latest firmware was released?

I want to use my Typhoon H w/ RS to fly indoors where GPS isn't available.

Please help.

I've read all the threads, watched every video I can find, even non English ones, and read every manual.

I can not get IPS on my Typhoon H to work.

I have an ST16+ and RealSense module. It came with the Typhoon H. I can do the little button switchy process but that just gives me more beeps from the H.

It'll cycle GPS on/off after I disable GPS from the ST16, but IPS never enables.

Are all these videos I see of people just clickity clicking IPS on from before the latest firmware was released?

I want to use my Typhoon H w/ RS to fly indoors where GPS isn't available.

Please help.
Is your ST16+ set up for Controller Mode 2?

Is the left stick reporting normal values when viewed on both Hardware Monitor and on the Final Output Display?

Please clarify what you mean by "the little button switchy process" and "more beeps from the H".

Did you turn on the RS? Do you have a semicircle on the screen?

Is your ST16+ set up for Controller Mode 2?

Is the left stick reporting normal values when viewed on both Hardware Monitor and on the Final Output Display?

Please clarify what you mean by "the little button switchy process" and "more beeps from the H".
I can confirm that ST16+ is in Mode 2
Left stick is showing stable output in both monitors. It does have a little rudder noise but if I flick it it zeros out well.

The switchy process....

While Left stick down+left, with obs avoid in middle and s4 in angle, quickly switch through positions in S4 3x starting with home

H then beeps at this step. It's supposed to go into IPS here but it doesn't.

If I do switchy process with gps manually disabled, it re-enables GPS.

Tomorrow, if someone else doesn't do a shot, I'll try to show you.

IMG_0755.jpeg
This shows the arc display that @Vaklin was referring to that shows RealSense is working. You see it above the fountain. Red means you are within 5 meters, Yellow 5 to 10 meters (as I recall), Green over 10 meters from an object.

As I recall to manually enable IPS you hold the left stick full down and left then toggle the mode switch rapidly between Angle and Home 5 times. It will usually give the GPS Ready signal and once the motors are armed the Mode Icon on the upper right of the ST16 will change to IPS.

I’ll try to send photos tomorrow. I do not fly in my house. A barn or warehouse yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Here are the pictures without GPS coverage. To start IPS mode you should have nothing to do. One more sign that RS is working is when the drone is powering down, it goes off after some time.

Attachments

• 20231225_075129.jpg
    20231225_075129.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20231225_075141.jpg
    20231225_075141.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231225_075222.jpg
    20231225_075222.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: 7cyclops
So I am back to update my earlier post. The following is a screenshot from the ST16 after manually entering IPS mode. Note that the Sat count is below the required 10 to get GPS Ready, but went from Acquiring to Ready when IPS is enabled.

To manually enter IPS mode hold the left stick down and left then quickly toggle the Mode Select switch between Smart Mode and Home Mode several times. You will hear a beep from the aircraft and GPS will change from Acquiring to Ready even with <10 satellites.

Screenshot_2023-12-25-10-00-28.png
To exit IPS mode the aircraft must be powered off.

Once the motors are armed the Mode display on the upper right will change from Ready to IPS.
Screenshot_2023-12-25-10-00-47.png
The RealSense arc on the display shows that the forward looking LiDAR is functioning. Even though it is functioning and displayed Obstacle Avoidance is not active until the OBS switch is in the full down ON position.

I think my issue may be that my room is too small? It's about 16'×16', an empty garage.

I was hoping this would work based on the follow-me mountain bike demo they have in their RS demo videos. Shows it can navigate a trail with fake trees on a dimly lit indoor stage with dynamic object avoidance. Not seeing a functionality like that with my unit.

The size of the room doesn't matter at all. Read the thread again. Your RS module probably is not working.

To manually enter IPS mode hold the left stick down and left then quickly toggle the Mode Select switch between Smart Mode and Home Mode several times. You will hear a beep from the aircraft and GPS will change from Acquiring to Ready even with <10 satellites.
This is a procedure to use IPS without an RS or for what?

In this case, I have no idea where is the problem. Probably the firmware version of the drone or the ST is not the last or something other. Sorry, I can't help more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook