Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is this a problem? (cracked 'motor cover')

Reaction score
View media item 539
Hi All,

So far I'm loving my Typhoon H and this forum as a source of good information.

I had an unfortunate encounter with a tree. At least I was at 1m altitude and moving pretty slowly. Apart from a couple of broken props, I came down hard on one arm. The 'cover' for the motor at the end of the arm is cracked. From what I can tell, this is a cosmetic piece; am I right? If so, can I just put some 100mph tape on this and continue flying?

**** those trees I hate it when they come outa nowhere and attack your drone, personally I would replace it, eBay has a few at good prices that's just me though I'm sure others would just go fly but to me the risk is just that a risk. Me no liky risk lol.

It could become a problem if the crack continues. At a minimum I would use some epoxy on the crack. After it sets up, use Gorilla tape (not duct tape). Cut a strip wide just wide enough to cover the crack and long enough to make 3 wraps around the crack.

Altitude is your friend. Stay away from trees. They suck drones in with a hidden force.

Reactions: Murray Martz
I agree with all of the above responses. I know that for me I would just get a complete arm assembly as it includes a motor, and the price is pretty good. Then use the parts from the damaged one for spares.

A little used chewing gum and go for it. Look closely for cracks or other damage at the boom though. Bear in mind that outer shell is also the LED lens mount.

Thanks for the replies... I was doing more research and came across the video below... it appears that what I was calling the 'motor cover' is really a motor mount; the motor attaches directly to this part. So, it's not cosmetic at all -- quite structural! I just ordered a replacement and will get that swapped out asap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight