Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

It's been forever...may sell my H Pro

Reaction score
Hello All,

Its been forever since I've been on the Forum, about a year to be exact when I purchased my H. If lack of participation on this board is indicative of anything, its of my lack of use of my H :(. I've managed to get it in the air all of 3 times the last 12 months in stark contrast to my Mavic Pro (about 10) o_O.

Looking at all of the "things or Toys" (as my wife calls them) that have accumulated I have agreed to a policy of "If you don't use it, lose it". Does anyone know what the market value is for a 1 year old H Pro with extra props and fire proof lipo battery cases?

I've posted it locally on Craigslist and on FB Marketplace for $925 with zero interest. The number on eBay seems to be close when I look at recent sales, maybe tipped a bit to the higher scale, but when I take into account the use and condition I'm clearly off when I'm seeing Phantom 3 Pro's selling at $650 - $750.

Does anyone have any feedback?

I find this to be the biggest problem when selling an item for people....personal attachment.

It's just a thing, how bad do you want it gone? Ebay, amazon and like places are the worst to try to get an idea of value, as items are on there to sell for a profit, not to sell to get rid of. Therefore people look to them to set their value and get an inflated price. So then you sit on an item and wonder why it doesn't sell.

Get rid of the personal attachment of what you paid because it really doesn't matter. Price the item to sell and don't look back. The used market for these items is a niche market.

For example, I paid $1799 CAD for my H, another $200 CAD for 2 extra batteries, and another $45 CAD for 3 battery bags. Add in the taxes and my total was $2300. Add to that a used ST16 for $300 CAD after duty and taxes, plus another $400 for some extras and you top out at $3000 CAD. The reality is I will never see that again, but I am a realistic person when it comes to electronics and how I sell and buy. For me this is a used item with no warranty as a seller and a buyer.

The batteries may or may not fully work so they have no value to me anymore. It may or may not have been crashed, I have no way of really knowing as they are so easy to repair and any damaged parts can be replaced by the end user to remove any signs of a crash. The battery bags....no value, just a selling bonus. The extras are worth about half. The radio tends to hold about half value from new, so I'm ok with the price I paid still.

That all being said, what would I now sell mine for if I was going to part with it?....Probably want to ask $1500 CAD, but the market wouldn't support it as a new one is still $1799 CAD, so why buy a used one for $1500 CAD when I can get a new one with warranty for $200 CAD more even if it does come with some extra stuff?

So my realistic price if I really didn't use it, and it is sitting wasting space and daily losing value as all electronics do?.....$1000 CAD or $800 USD for the H, 3 batteries, 2 ST16, 3 lipo bags, explosion/fireproof box for charging and storage of batteries, wind meter, transport bag, extra props, blade guards, USB flight sim, landing pad, high vis strobes, extra landing gear, extra complete A and B arms, gimbal parts, and an external 7" HD monitor.

The only problem now as a buyer I would see in this, is that with all the extra parts, this unit has most likely had a crash, as no one buys spare parts "just in case", we only tend to buy them after a crash to repair and have extras incase it happens again.

Due to the crash I would be hesitant to buy that one and probably wait to find another at a close price that didn't have all the extra parts...tempting as it may be, for me.

In the end, price it to sell and be open to a reasonable offer, but don't keep waiting for a better offer as you may lose out on the sale. Also compare apples to apples.

I hope for you that my view on how I would sell mine, helps you to sell yours.

Murray

About a two months ago a few online shops had the typhoon H package with realsense, backback, wizard, on sale for $800--it was a killer deal and I kick myself for not pulling the trigger--but, I keep that price in mind when looking at used prices

Reactions: Agent K
I've noticed on EBay that some dealers are parting out new and used H's. It might take awhile but it's an alternative that might bring more $$$$.

Right now on Amazon, complete outfits with RealSense are $1399 delivered. Occasionally, they are $1199. I recently bought an extra one.

I would never buy a used uas unless it was being sold at a price that I couldn't ignore...which is probably a lot less than most people would expect. How do I know it hasn't been crashed?

That is not to say that a crashed and repaired uas will not be any good: often repaired uas's perform better than those that haven't. For example, my fault a few years ago I crashed a P2V (quite badly in fact) and I bought a new P2V+ to replace it. That one promptly crashed on it's third flight (not my fault as far as I could tell) so while I was having that one repaired I decided to repair the original one myself. A complicated job (for me) in which I learned quite a lot about how these things worked and, after some trial and error, and many swear words later, I got it to work. It flew beautifully. Better than it had ever done before the crash. It was as if the crash had knocked something into the thing. But to get it to work like that was a labor of love.

But when I decided it was time to let it go, I thought about selling it. But I didn't. I simply retired it and it's now sitting on a shelf not used in well over a year. But what if I had sold it and the person who bought it had a crash and injured someone because my repairs failed? I couldn't have lived with that.

My shelves are full of self built machines that have been great as a way of learning about the workings of a uav.
Interestingly I presume by luck have never experienced the various anomalies of factory built models. Pixhawk and WKM have been great controllers - funny how Pixhawk is back in its latest iteration.
I think Yuneec need time to settle down and make the H520 a reliable bet.
I will wait and keep my money in my pocket for now.

The great advantage of the H for me has been the speed with which you can get in the air without any faffing around.

Just about all RC products depreciate 50% the moment you buy them. If you open the box they arrive in lose another 10%. It has always been this way.

Just about all RC products depreciate 50% the moment you buy them. If you open the box they arrive in lose another 10%. It has always been this way.
Not just RC products. Just about anything you buy new looses a lot of value as soon as you open the box. Indeed, as far as I'm concerned, I will never buy anything electrical second hand unless it is sold stupidly cheap so, to me, anything electrical that is not spanking new holds minimal value to me as a buyer.

But that's just me.

Yep everything has a loss, getting married for instance ROI in the red, but it has it's good points.:D;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs