Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just purchased Air Magic by Skylum

Reaction score
I just purchased Air Magic picture editor.

To test it out here's a sample.
1st photo I used light room and a bit of Photoshop,
2nd photo I used the light room pic and bought into AirMagic. So far I'm pleased.
Ace Hardware LR.jpg
Ace Hardware AM.jpg

And for reference... color settings on the camera at the time... Gorgous, Natural, (certainly not raw)?

If at all possible, can you retake another pair of photos at the raw setting? That way we can see the direct effects produced be the Air Magic program alone, without any added adjustments created by the algorithms of Yuneec's engineers... as in the above pair, #1 straight out of the camera, #2 only processed through Air Magic.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
did you get the Premium style ( an extra £2 at the mo for me )
also thanks seen this maybe on the forum but also comes up on my Facebook adds nice to see results from a user

this is from my Nikon, I thought I had raw from my H.
I'll go out tomorrow and get same raw.
Very Large File
DSC_0950 RAW
DSC_0950 AirMagic

Attachments

• DSC_0950.JPG
    10.8 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0950 AirMagic2.JPEG
    22.9 MB · Views: 19
Also if Air Magic can add to their next version... make it Medicare eligible and can relieve back pain, at little or no cost to you... that way we can sell it to all the old farts here. Bwahahahaha... ?

Yep, this is the easy way out, but it's good for folks who are unable to use LightRoom, Photo Shop and the likes.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Yep, this is the easy way out, but it's good for folks who are unable to use LightRoom, Photo Shop and the likes.
I shoot mostly RAW and I'm finding that when I go out and shoot for a day and have lots of photos, that I can run the photographs through AirMagic and get a good looking first cut that I can then use to determine which I'm going to leave alone and which I'm going to take into Photoshop or CaptureOne for fine-tuning. It also gives me a great way to show clients a first cut and then together we do the same process of picking and choosing.

Reactions: AH-1G
I shoot mostly RAW and I'm finding that when I go out and shoot for a day and have lots of photos, that I can run the photographs through AirMagic and get a good looking first cut that I can then use to determine which I'm going to leave alone and which I'm going to take into Photoshop or CaptureOne for fine-tuning. It also gives me a great way to show clients a first cut and then together we do the same process of picking and choosing.
I agree , that first run saves a lot of time. Glad to know someone else is using AM.

Reactions: PortlandProDrones
Also use air magic it’s awesome... I also noticed that if I patch process my photos in AM before importing to Pix4D it creates more automatic tiepoints which creates a better point cloud

Reactions: AH-1G
Also use air magic it’s awesome... I also noticed that if I patch process my photos in AM before importing to Pix4D it creates more automatic tiepoints which creates a better point cloud

Thanks for sharing your experience, can you share the results?

Sure I’ll run a small data set (20 pics) and process one using color correction and the other standard and I’ll post both quality reports just give me a hour or so and it will be up

Sure I’ll run a small data set (20 pics) and process one using color correction and the other standard and I’ll post both quality reports just give me a hour or so and it will be up
Looking forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba