Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landed Typhoon H and then non-stop red blinking and beeps until I turned it off

Reaction score
So I got a very strange response from my drone. As soon as I landed, the back status light started blinking red very rapidly and beeping. It did not stop until I turned it off. Does anybody know what this means? Seems like there is little documentation on a lot of these warnings light for the H.

I can venture a guess on what it may mean. I noticed when I landed, the altimeter said 2.4 feet. I landed it roughly in the same place I took off from so not sure why it would be off by that much. In any case does the beeping mean it landed but it still thinks its in the air?

Red means RTH is activated.
What was your battery voltage when you landed?
If the battery gets low enough, the H will attempt to land where ever it is.
Is it possible your voltage hit critical at the same time you were landing?

Red means RTH is activated.
What was your battery voltage when you landed?
If the battery gets low enough, the H will attempt to land where ever it is.
Is it possible your voltage hit critical at the same time you were landing?

I had gotten the first voltage warning and landed maybe 15 seconds later. I did hit RTH mode to land but I was not more than 10 feet away from me. I know RTH displays the red blinking when its landed but not the beeping like it did.

UPDATE on this crazy beeping after I land. It is because the right stick is sticking to the left. When the H is on the ground and you move the right stick in any way you get crazy beeping like this. It also explains nasty drifting its been doing. Mostly to the left. Gee, I wonder why...

So how best to fix this? I check the hardware monitor and where the stick is sitting at center its says it's not, its just to the left. Do I use the trim settings to adjust for this or do I need to do something with the stick?

Thanks

So I got a very strange response from my drone. As soon as I landed, the back status light started blinking red very rapidly and beeping. It did not stop until I turned it off. Does anybody know what this means? Seems like there is little documentation on a lot of these warnings light for the H.

I can venture a guess on what it may mean. I noticed when I landed, the altimeter said 2.4 feet. I landed it roughly in the same place I took off from so not sure why it would be off by that much. In any case does the beeping mean it landed but it still thinks its in the air?
Hello, EdK.hiflyer1 hr. I haven't had the same problem with the H as U have BUT, hi hi I had all kinds of fun with the same problem with my Q500. After many request and being stumped by most. I tore into the craft to find a bad main board but after replacing the board, still had the flashing red light. I found then, the compass/GPS was out on the craft and mounted in the top. Once replaced, all worked fine and still is. I haven't put that many flights on the bird but last checked was still Good. Something you may want to check if
still having the same problem. I didn't save the e mails from 2 other people that replied to my questions and one said that his craft landed hard and flipped over and the compass/GPS in the top part of the crafts case had gotten knocked out. Once replaced, worked fine.
All the Best of Luck and keep asking questions for there are many good pilots on this site that will help.

UPDATE on this crazy beeping after I land. It is because the right stick is sticking to the left. When the H is on the ground and you move the right stick in any way you get crazy beeping like this. It also explains nasty drifting its been doing. Mostly to the left. Gee, I wonder why...

So how best to fix this? I check the hardware monitor and where the stick is sitting at center its says it's not, its just to the left. Do I use the trim settings to adjust for this or do I need to do something with the stick?

Thanks

One thing you can try, is to go to the Hardware Monitor and then push/pull the right stick all the way to the left and then release it so it springs back to center. Do this in all directions and see if the Hardware Monitor shows it in neutral or center position.

If it doesn't fix it, then you need to re-calibrate the ST16 via the 'secret calibration' screen. Make sure you do the complete set of calibrations and that you begin with the two sliders on the back side of the ST116 in centered position.

(Note) whenever you land and hold the throttle stick down so the motors are in idle, then you can turn them off by pulling the 'mode' switch to the RTH position. The motors will stop instantly, but make sure the 'H' is on level ground.

One thing you can try, is to go to the Hardware Monitor and then push/pull the right stick all the way to the left and then release it so it springs back to center. Do this in all directions and see if the Hardware Monitor shows it in neutral or center position.

If it doesn't fix it, then you need to re-calibrate the ST16 via the 'secret calibration' screen. Make sure you do the complete set of calibrations and that you begin with the two sliders on the back side of the ST116 in centered position.

(Note) whenever you land and hold the throttle stick down so the motors are in idle, then you can turn them off by pulling the 'mode' switch to the RTH position. The motors will stop instantly, but make sure the 'H' is on level ground.

Yeah, in the hardware monitor coming back to center was definitely off-center. I had tried cleaning the stick and it did not help. I also tried calibrating it in the secret menu a few times. The thing is, all but until the last time I tried it yesterday, J4, my problem stick and axis would not turn green. Then for some reason it did this last time. It is flying better now.

Hope you have good luck now. The st16 is known for the stick not returning to dead center on many controlers. Mine does this since new, but it is so slight that it does not affect my drone at all, only that i can see it in the monitor. Only 1 stick in 1 direction never snaps back to dead center. Tried the secret menu, no luck. For me it just bothers me because it should not be. I am a long time rc pilot with many different controlers and they ALL always snap to center. As long as you can get your drone to fly properly, just go out and enjoy.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi