Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Life cycle of OEM props?

Oh you should see the props from my Phantom. Over the time I've had it I've replaced the props several times and the ones I'm currently using are full of bug guts. Maybe it's the colour...I dunno.

I have two H's and a Mavic, The word on DJI blades for Phantoms and Inspires is recommended to replace them after 10 hours of use as they will start to bend and lose their effectiveness.

I still have my original Yuneec blades, however, I did replace them on the H after about 6-8 months. They were working OK, replaced them for peace of mind and not wanting to take the risk. $10 is cheaper than $1000.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm sure they sell a lot of props that way. That's like saying to replace the props every 30-40 flights. If they are that weak it would be a great place to initiate a little product improvement.

Well, all I know is that my TH props are lasting far longer than my Phantom props. Just sayin.

I'm sure they sell a lot of props that way. That's like saying to replace the props every 30-40 flights. If they are that weak it would be a great place to initiate a little product improvement.

The recommendation was not from DJI, but from an established UAS group. It was stated that after continued use the props lose some of the rigidness and start to flex more effecting the lift and reliability.

Either way, sounds like better props could be made. Considering the H and 500's are heavier their props are more durable.

And short of some desirable apps, features and possibly an improved camera, we all know which one is awesome. And it is a joy to fly, TH

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gsdmama08