Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Main LED

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am finally getting to the point where this bird flies.
My "problem" now is that I am getting what appears to be a green flashing (main led) approx once every 2 seconds.
I can't find that sequence in the chart or in any posts that surfaced in my search
Any ideas or confirmed solutions??
regards
Pete

Hi All,
My "problem" now is that I am getting what appears to be a green flashing (main led) approx once every 2 seconds.
I can't find that sequence in the chart or in any posts that surfaced in my search
regards
Pete
Not sure if you have this manual, but look on page 22 and see if it shows what your experiencing?

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 71
I have that chart/manual.
That was my first point of reference.
The only 2 I see that have green flashing is the lower one which is the light on the camera...wrong light...that one is solid green and I appear to have full control of the camera.
The other is a combo purple/green flashing (enter task function) at the main led, but I don't have the purple flashing (that is solid)
If the flashing green relates to the task function how do I turn it off??

Last edited:
Not sure? I'm looking at the manual, all I can see to end task is on page 35 and 37.
So as you mentioned, you have solid purple?
Hopefully some one else will come aboard and chime in?

Ahhh-HA
Turning off advanced mode resolved the green flashing light.
I hadn't realised it was turned on as I currently am not using any of those settings.
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction
Cheers
Pete

Reactions: AH-1G
Ahhh-HA
Turning off advanced mode resolved the green flashing light.
I hadn't realised it was turned on as I currently am not using any of those settings.
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction
Cheers
Pete

Having Advanced Mode enabled will not give the green light you described. You had to have been using one of the Task modes to get the 1 sec green light every other second.

Any idea what mode you may have been in?

Glad to see you found the problem. I've been in your shoe, and realizing I left something on or off.
I call it a senior moment, no, a senior glitch, most likely distracted by a beautiful lady walking by, or wishing? ?

Reactions: Chroma Pilot
I don't use it DM.
I do know that turning on advanced allows the boxes with the different modes to show in a row on the screen, but I have never used them. With the limited air time I have had since the purchase I am still flying in basic mode and getting a good feel for the controls
I didn't realise advanced was turned on but I have been messing with settings a lot these past few weeks due to the inability of this darn thing to get gps ready.
I do recall that in the early days if advanced was turned on it kept asking me to set a flight mode which was very distracting when first learning.
I am assuming the light is green, but it appears to be "behind" the purple so I don't know if that is having an effect on the color I am seeing (no, I'm not color blind!!!)
Anyway it seems to have stopped.
I'll be doing some test flights over the next days and I'll be keeping an eye out for any and all anomalies.
cheers

Reactions: AH-1G
Hi All,
regards
Pete
Hi All,
regards
Pete
Gee whiz TP it seems to me that these TH's need a lot of human brain power to fly these things coupled with computer savvy. Like you I'm the same age and I hope senior moments on my part are minimal
My Chroma is now officially dead and won't fly again because it ' canna no be fixed'. After a false start and return to the fixit place, I have been offered a refurbed H manufactures warranty blah blah with all the accessories and stuff, But I'm a bit nervous about flying it after reading this forum for a few months with all its, let's say, troubles. Being in a wheel chair slightly limits things a bit, land the bird next/close to me is the big advantage.
WTFProject (Hi) was my 1st contact and told him it was a Firmware reload fix-not so it seems.
Weve gotta get together-i can drive up there.

@Chroma Pilot

I would take the TH if in your position. It is a good flier and like anything else you get a lemon every once in a while. Unfortunately TP hasn’t been able to come up with enough sugar to get lemonade yet and things are still sour for him.

Being wheelchair bound shouldn’t keep you from flying the TH, we have a few that are members and have posted pictures of their rigs for enjoying the hobby. Sorry about your Chroma, everyone that has one seems to really enjoy it. One really good thing about the TH is it being a hex as opposed to a quad, so the loss of a prop or motor you can still fly it home.

The other thing is there is a lot of help on the forum should you encounter difficulties!

Reactions: PatR
@Chroma Pilot

I would take the TH if in your position. It is a good flier and like anything else you get a lemon every once in a while. Unfortunately TP hasn’t been able to come up with enough sugar to get lemonade yet and things are still sour for him.

Being wheelchair bound shouldn’t keep you from flying the TH, we have a few that are members and have posted pictures of their rigs for enjoying the hobby. Sorry about your Chroma, everyone that has one seems to really enjoy it. One really good thing about the TH is it being a hex as opposed to a quad, so the loss of a prop or motor you can still fly it home.

The other thing is there is a lot of help on the forum should you encounter difficulties!
G;day Pete, OK TH it is, my PS3 keeps the cogs loobed so to speak, 30 yrs in chair is no issue, just live with it.
No sugar huh, did my apprentiship in a sugar refinery:)

Ok a bit more test flying today.
All seems to be good......
Still getting the green led flashing about once every 1-2 seconds in the main led under the battery.
Found out this afternoon...if I disconnect the camera...no flashing green, just solid purple.
Angle mode, no tasks activated, no obs , no real sense, just manual flying in basic mode
I'm not too concerned with it at the moment as it doesn't seem to be affecting anything I am doing flying or videoing
Just annoying, there must be a reason for it, anybodys guess as to what that might be!!!

If you have a solid purple you should get a white flash when GPS is stable enough for Smart mode operation or Task modes. It is a quick flash of white and you may seeing it as a pale green flash.

To see green on the Main LED switch to Smart mode while on the ground and the motors not armed. You should get green showing. Then switch back to Angle mode for flying (purple on Main LED).

Last edited:
If you have a solid purple you should get a white flash when GPS is stable enough for Smart mode operation or Task modes. It is a quick flash of white and you may seeing it as a pale green flash.

To see green on the Main LED switch to Smart mode while on the ground and the motors not armed. You should get green showing. Then switch back to Angle mode for flying (purple on Main LED).
THANKS DM, Your first sentence sounds exactly like what I am getting.
Heads up is much appreciated.
Cheers
Pete

Hope you get everything working exactly right soon. It’s time you had some trouble free flying.

Sounds like I'm going to have an exponential learning curve in the near future, starting from the introductory page.
i'm getting an H, oh well I was made an offer to good to refuse! as well as WTF (Hi) guiding me through the Chroma maze.
Got to keep them brain Newrons :) purring eh? Spellings crook too.

Sounds like I'm going to have an exponential learning curve in the near future, starting from the introductory page.
i'm getting an H, oh well I was made an offer to good to refuse! as well as WTF (Hi) guiding me through the Chroma maze.
Got to keep them brain Newrons :) purring eh? Spellings crook too.
True dat.
At our age they're Oldrons ?
It's hard enough remembering why I walked into the kitchen let alone all the "stuff" that these puppies throw at you.
Multiple flashing lights, knobs, levers, switches...aaaahhhhhgggggg!!!!!!
BUT, I'm getting there...slowly
cheers

At least with these we can just let go as long as we have good GPS, then start again once we get our wits about us again. RC planes you have to stay ahead of all the time you’re airborne.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight